Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SFIV madcatz control pad - where to buy in Ireland?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭CodeMonkey

L31mr0d wrote: »
    As most wireless internet devices use 2.4Ghz ISM, and as I'm in an area where everyone has wireless internet (i've turned mine off) I'd say the device is being interfered with. Its happened before with a logitech keyboard I had that used the same technology. I'm actually jealous of your trouble free wired controller now, lol :o
    I got a couple of hours of practice out of the madcatz fightpad over the weekend. It worked fine for a while then disconnected on me 2-3 times. The red light around the home button would flash red to sync up again. Then it worked fine again. I would be very annoyed if that keeps on happening with online play in ranked matches. I've googled reports showing that others have seen this problem.

Apart from that it's a great pad once I got used to the floating dpad and not using the trigger buttons for heavy punch and kick. I've logged too many hours with the dualshock3 and have to unlearn some habits. I think my vega is already better due to how easy it is to do some moves with the madcatz but I'll go back to the dualshock if the disconnect problem persists.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

CodeMonkey wrote: »
    I got a couple of hours of practice out of the madcatz fightpad over the weekend. It worked fine for a while then disconnected on me 2-3 times. The red light around the home button would flash red to sync up again. Then it worked fine again. I would be very annoyed if that keeps on happening with online play in ranked matches. I've googled reports showing that others have seen this problem.

Apart from that it's a great pad once I got used to the floating dpad and not using the trigger buttons for heavy punch and kick. I've logged too many hours with the dualshock3 and have to unlearn some habits. I think my vega is already better due to how easy it is to do some moves with the madcatz but I'll go back to the dualshock if the disconnect problem persists.

My one kept going as if the home button had been pressed the first time I used it. It seemed to sort itself out after about an hour or two. No problems now. The pads seem to have the be 'broken in' first which is strange. The d-pad becomes easier to use the more you play and not due to you becoming a better player.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Been playing with mine for a few days now and finding it very hard to get used to. Shouldn't have played so much on the analogue :/ Had alot of very painful matches today.

In the middle of one match the dpad stopped working, thought the thing was busted. Turns out I had acidentially hit the switch on the bottom and turned the dpad into the right stick. Seems difficult to do but somehow I managed it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 bourkeylxp

does anyone know is there anywhere you can buy usb sega saturn pads for the ps3 besides ebay???, i dont have a credit card so i cant use paypal, and im fuming because my mate got one off ebay for the ps3 and it is hands down, the ultimate sf4 pad! screw madcatz, i want one of these!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

bourkeylxp wrote: »
    does anyone know is there anywhere you can buy usb sega saturn pads for the ps3 besides ebay???, i dont have a credit card so i cant use paypal, and im fuming because my mate got one off ebay for the ps3 and it is hands down, the ultimate sf4 pad! screw madcatz, i want one of these!
    They're bootlegs, hence why they're only on eBay.
    Get a 3V card (http://www.3v.ie) and you're sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

bourkeylxp wrote: »

Yeah I'm the same as you m8, think I'll get a 3v card soon myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Are USB adapters for the Xbox 360 available?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Are USB adapters for the Xbox 360 available?

No put you can use one of those adapters that allow you to use a keyboard and mouse. They have inputs for PS2 and USB joypads. Unfortunately they are stupidly expensive, around 100 stingers.

There's 1 or 2 PS2-to-360 adapters, and 1 PS3-to-360 (LOL!), but they're horrendously expensive & we don't know if they're lag-free.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

• Advertisement

Good luck, I've seen some bad things about certain Chinese-made sticks -- check SRK's Tech Talk for the Chinese stick-thread...

I refuse to use forums which insist on a login to view.

Sry, thinking of another forum.

I have a damn fine Saturn controller for the PC, shame I can't use it with the 360 somehow.

No sign of Hori arcade sticks in the shops either, and it doesn't look like they'll be returning. :( I've since had to stop playing the game as my hands were getting knackered.

Boggles my mind that Mad Catz aren't manufacturing any sticks or pads.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

What are you basing that on?

They still are but demand is far outstripping supply and I don't think anybody truly saw the need that would arise from the release of SF4. But it will be short lived, so I can understand them not going out of their way to increase production to an extreme.

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    What are you basing that on?

Every games shop I go into to enquire about the sticks/pads is insistent that they were a limited run and that they won't be stocking them again. Now I know the former point is somewhat of a baseless claim, but the fact that they're non-existent on online games shops aswell led me to believe that Mad Catz were in fact finished manufacturing them.

So good to hear that they are actually making more. And yeah Cuddlesworth, I agree, they don't exactly need to flood the market with these products.

They were on gameshark (Madcatz' official UK retailer) a couple of days ago, Irish retailers are all just completely useless.

I've talked to people in Game and Gamestop who said that it was a limited run, and told them I'd email them Madcatz' press release stating that they were still making the sticks. I did so, no reply.

Gameseek got more in as well, they definitely aren't limited edition. Now if only there was a place that would ship to ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,368 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

its a pity iv the ps3 Mad Catz fight pad and no game to play it on ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭cosgrove80

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Gameseek got more in as well, they definitely aren't limited edition. Now if only there was a place that would ship to ireland.

Gameseek do ship to Ireland don't they? It says £3.99 to Europe here:

http://www.gameseek.co.uk/order.php#how_much_does_postage_and_packaging_cost_and_where_do_you_deliver_to

Also, has anyone ever used videogamecentral.com?

It's an American site. It says they have stock due in the 7th (today). With postage a pad works out at aprox. €65. Expensive, but potentially cheaper than ebay.

http://store.videogamecentral.com/xb360-street-fighter-4-fightpad.html

• Advertisement

They'll ship the fightpads but not the sticks. Trust me I tried :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭cosgrove80

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    They'll ship the fightpads but not the sticks. Trust me I tried :'(

Ah ok, I thought you meant the fightpads.

I assume gameseek are just taking orders for stock they don't have at the moment? Are they get small amounts in or are they playing the waiting game like every other site?

Arrived in the country today, should pick them up today or next Tuesday. I hope its today. Will let you all know if they are decent.

Boo Ya

http://pix.sparky-s.ie/images/qho7wonl0fstroai9ul.jpg

Quality seems good. Still in work so not going to be able to test till tonight.

Edit, Maybe a bit too big for here.

I wouldn't have touched those with a ten foot pole, but hey, maybe it'll turn out the parts are decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Boo Ya

http://pix.sparky-s.ie/images/qho7wonl0fstroai9ul.jpg

Quality seems good. Still in work so not going to be able to test till tonight.

Edit, Maybe a bit too big for here.

Link is borked.

I wouldn't have touched those with a ten foot pole, but hey, maybe it'll turn out the parts are decent.

I've been playing with it the last few hours. It really isn't bad, the finish is not perfect on the face plate, but I can't fault the stick, the wiring on the back or the buttons. From somebody who couldn't pull off moves 50% of the time to pulling off focus break combos into ultras its quite a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

looks good tbh, its obviously custom made wih xbox pcb im assuming, in all fairness REAL arcade parts are hardly expensive, only problem is acquiring them, which u can online but waiting is the only problem

From that picture or two they look like Hori parts, which are grand for a cheap enough price - hopefully if you need to replace them down the road you can easily get in at them.

• Advertisement

From that picture or two they look like Hori parts, which are grand for a cheap enough price - hopefully if you need to replace them down the road you can easily get in at them.

Already pulled it apart, seems easy enough to replace parts. Soldering Iron is coming out at some stage to tidy up connections though. I'm going to wait for demand to die down before trying to get new buttons/stick.

Advertisement