Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SFIV madcatz control pad - where to buy in Ireland?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Real arcade parts are damn expensive when you factor in everything else.
    • Stick: €15-20
    • Buttons: €20-24
    • Quick disconnects: a couple more €
    • Putting it all together: a massive, time-consuming task that will eat all your weeknights & weekends.
    Don't do it, kids. Stay out of the shed.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Real arcade parts are damn expensive when you factor in everything else.
    • Stick: €15-20
    • Buttons: €20-24
    • Quick disconnects: a couple more €
    • Putting it all together: a massive, time-consuming task that will eat all your weeknights & weekends.
    Don't do it, kids. Stay out of the shed.

Honestly, how in gods name do you think it would take a weekend? I had the unit stripped apart and reassembled in an hour? The only reason I didn't build my own was the huge demand for parts at the moment meaning it was hard to find most at a reasonable price. That and I couldn't get or make a decent housing.

My job does involve stripping and rebuilding electronics though.

Do you have a Hori EX, a Hori Real Arcade Pro, or a Madcatz?

Cos IMHO the EX is a PITA to mess with.
    HRAPs & Madcatz, easy as pie.

(oh, and I actually meant fully built customs ;) -- and my job involves sitting in front of Excel sheets)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

Fight sticks back in stock on amazon for the 360

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Tsukimi

Yup just got one! One left! :):):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Just bought a Madcatz Ryu controller on ebay...55euro...i think 60 incl delivery from the UK,

Seems to be a good load of them there :), the seller i bought off had 5, there were also Blanka/Chun Li ones from other sellers...though some had £15 delivery to Ireland as opposed to the 5 i was offered

Fightstick arrived yesterday, cant get used to it :( Find it difficult to even do a hadoken

Q-Ball when did you order yours?

tuesday but i paid for express delivery :)

Ah I ordered tuesday too but didn't choose express :(

Doesn't really matter anyway cuz my stupid Xbox RRoD'd on me so I have to wait another week or so to get it back zzz :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Tsukimi wrote: »
    Ah I ordered tuesday too but didn't choose express :(

Doesn't really matter anyway cuz my stupid Xbox RRoD'd on me so I have to wait another week or so to get it back zzz :(
    If you haven't sent it off yet try taking the HD out for 20 minutes and put it back in. Worked for me.

Damn, wish I had known that before I sent it off :( But it's been gone like..a week and a half so I'm expecting it back soon ish :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Q_Ball wrote: »
    tuesday but i paid for express delivery :)

did you get the tournament stick?

evad_lhorg wrote: »
    did you get the tournament stick?

No, the regular fightstick. Didn't see the TE for sale but as much as I love SF I don't think I'd pay that much for a stick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Q_Ball wrote: »
    No, the regular fightstick. Didn't see the TE for sale but as much as I love SF I don't think I'd pay that much for a stick.

I've been debating whether to spend the money on madcatz fightstick (€110 odd delivered, in stock now,) or wait on a Hori ex, (50 odd quid delivered, not in stock any time soon.)

As much an improvement the fightpad is over a regular controller, I've come to the decision that it can't match a stick for inputs, especially for charge characters, (I'm getting tired of the shotos, and the pad doesn't reliably lend its self to the charge ultras.)

What would folks opinins be?
    Wait on the hori or pay up for the madcat?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I would pony up for the TE edition but wouldnt for the regular version. I'm not the kinda guy who would open it up and replace the regular editions parts.... and i figure most people would rather not if they didnt have to. And apparently the regular madcatz stick isnt any great shakes so the hori is probly more value for money.

I'd get the SE tbh.

I've heard that Hori breaks pretty easily, and at least buying from Madcatz you get what, a two year warranty?

As for the TE, yeah it's probably better but I'm not sure semi-casual players will notice that big a difference between the SE and TE.

/Tsu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

Tsukimi wrote: »
    I'd get the SE tbh.

I've heard that Hori breaks pretty easily, and at least buying from Madcatz you get what, a two year warranty?

As for the TE, yeah it's probably better but I'm not sure semi-casual players will notice that big a difference between the SE and TE.

/Tsu

I can attest to the hori's toughness after i threw it at a radiator in a fit of RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE and it didnt get so much as a scratch. So no, i dont think they break easily.

OTOH, MadCatz have a nicer PCB, and you can easily swap buttons + stick for tougher parts (both the SE + TE)

Reckon I'll go for the SE fightstick so, its available and moddable.
    Cheers lads

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Wonders never cease. I ordered (and paid) for my fightpad with gameseek.co.uk on February 18th. Today they sent it. I emailed them about it a few times in March but after that, I'd actually forgotten about it, it has been that long, and only the fact that I paid for it with money I'd had sitting iny my paypal accound for ages stopped me from chasing them up for a refund.

First and last time I'll ever use them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

From my experience the fightpads aren't worth a ****. Kind of disappointed I got one, it looks good but the d-pad isn't up to it. Should have waited for a stick but everytime they are on sale they sell out in minutes and I've no money for one now. I was having trouble pulling off moves with the fightpad but thought it was me. I went back to my old sidewinder and the saturn pad and had no such problems in Super Turbo which has much tougher input windows than SFIV. Whoever said it was better than the saturn pad is an absolute liar.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Well Ive had great success with the my pad. I sometimes mess up my Ultra and a teleport comes out instead, but thats my issue. I can do sims IAT, BNB combos and I dont feel limited by my controller...which is what you want.

I find the D-pad to be the best I've used. Different strokes....

Posted in the fight games section, throwing it up here in case anyone misses it.

Tournament edition fightsticks are in stock for PS3 on Amazon, and they're going for RRP - £149 here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

PS3 Fightpads are back in stock on videogamesplus.ca. Going for CA$50.

link here

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Fightpads aren't worth it. I was playing Azza on SSF2T HD remix on the PS3 and even with all my complaining the PS3 pad has a much better d-pad than the fightpad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Fightpads aren't worth it. I was playing Azza on SSF2T HD remix on the PS3 and even with all my complaining the PS3 pad has a much better d-pad than the fightpad.

I have no major problems with mine tbh. I seemed to improve when i got the fightpad. I would prefer a fightstick but i don't want to pay 200 euro and I have limited space for it.

I have no major problems with mine tbh. I seemed to improve when i got the fightpad. I would prefer a fightstick but i don't want to pay 200 euro and I have limited space for it.

I've major problems with mine. It's improved over the 360 controller, especially with charge characters but I just can't pull off moves consistently at all and it really can let me down big time in close fights. I haven't this problem at all on a saturn pad or sidewinder and actually found the abhorrent PS3 d-pad better.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Its great for Castle crashers !

• Advertisement

They are actually great for other 2D games like Ikaruga but they just don't have the precision needed for street fighter unfortunately.

I don't get everyones love for castle crashers though. It feels like a poor mans version of the capcom side scrollers or streets of rage. I also didn't like Alien Hominid for the same reasons, it was a very poor mans contra/gunstar heroes, and that was by the same people.

Advertisement