Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SFIV madcatz control pad - where to buy in Ireland?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Jim wrote: »
    If you order from Play.com in Sterling it works out at around €65 for the Xbox CE.
    Placebo wrote: »
    play.com XBOX , special ed = 63 euros !
    normal new xbox game in shops = 60euros ~

Play.com only allow Sterling to be used if you intend to have the item delivered to a UK address - otherwise you have to pay whatever their currency exchange fabstortionator demands in Euro.

Dunno how familiar you are with the site but you can change the currency to show the price in Euro by clicking the flag in the top right of the web page.

Check out this thread for some other places to buy from. [Link]

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

my bad, i thought they had fixed their dodgy rates

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Uthred wrote: »
    I know its slightly tangential but I was wondering has anyone found anywhere in Ireland that has a decent price for printing custom stick art?
    I'm guessing Reads or anyplace that does decent printing & laminating would suit.

Me, I use a home printer & cover it with 2-3mm plexi :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Fnz wrote: »
    Know you're looking for a place in Ireland to buy controllers. Can't help you there but the best price for the fightpad at the moment seems to be the preorder price at shopto.net. Order in sterling for £31.49, delivered (delivery is £3.50 because they dust the parcel in a fine layer of gold). [Link]

They will notify you if the price then changes prior to release.

CDWOW are still taking orders for the vanilla Fightstick controller: [Link]

£73 isn't the lowest price but if you can't get it elsewhere...

Any places that let you choose which one you want? I love the look of the blanka and akuma ones:p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Just watched http://www.giantbomb.com/news/street-fighter-iv-will-meditate-then-destroy-you/830/

At the end Seth from Capcom says about the Madcatz sticks "They will be making more".

• Advertisement

Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    Any places that let you choose which one you want? I love the look of the blanka and akuma ones:p

Play.com did but they're no longer available for pre-order.

Shopto.net don't actually specify which one you get. Personally, I think the Ryu pad they have pictured is the worst one because of that stupid expression on his face. The Akuma one is a bit better but, again the face looks terrible.

The other 3 options seem pretty decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

just so you know. I changed my address on play.com to

myhouse
    my road
    MY AREA
    Dublin, Ireland
    and then for the country option I chose England.

I paid sterling and it got delivered in the same time as normal.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

evad_lhorg wrote: »
    just so you know. I changed my address on play.com to

myhouse
    my road
    MY AREA
    Dublin, Ireland
    and then for the country option I chose England.

I paid sterling and it got delivered in the same time as normal.:)
    that sounds awesome, i'll do that when i'm ordering the pads closer to the release date as i don't want them to find out :P

Am I missing something or are the pads out of stock everywhere???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Seem to be alright,

Was looking to preorder another for a mate but they seem out of stock everywhere.

Wonder will extra stock become available closer to the 20th.

• Advertisement

I FOOKIN hope so!

I've just have buying a PS3 like the stupid gamer I am, want to play this game so bad I can't even wait till summer when its out on PC. I'm a 100% PC gamer and I can't really see any games on the ps3 that interest me apart from LBP SFIV and I guess, hd remix.

What have I done....

:o

lol

I've just have buying a PS3 like the stupid gamer I am, want to play this game so bad I can't even wait till summer when its out on PC. I'm a 100% PC gamer and I can't really see any games on the ps3 that interest me apart from LBP SFIV and I guess, hd remix.

What have I done....

You've just helped Ireland out of the worst economic crisis since WW1!

.... sucker! :pac:

Also: Pixeljunk Eden, Super Stardust HD, Motorstorm 2, WipEout HD, Unncharted: Drake's Fortune, Rock Band 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭TheWitch06

I FOOKIN hope so!

What have I done....

:o

lol

Awww... the thought of waiting for it to come to PC was too much! I would have been the same. Oh and you should have gotten a 360. :(

majority will be playing on XBOX,
    sales speak for that matter.

also i couldnt wait till summer !
    althought once it hits pc's thatll be main form as everyone will easily be using their custom sticks and perhaps maybe there cud be less lag?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I was in Game Dawson St today and asked about the pads. The lad said that selected stores were getting them and that would be decided on which stores had the most preorders. So get in and preorder incase they don't come back in online stores.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭kaiser soza

I heard in Gamestop they will be getting the sticks in for both consoles with the Xbox one being €80 and PS3 €70 but the will be less than 100 for all the stores.

Good to hear... kinda.

Must pre-order then, I guess.

TheWitch06 wrote: »
    Awww... the thought of waiting for it to come to PC was too much! I would have been the same. Oh and you should have gotten a 360. :(
    majority will be playing on XBOX,
    sales speak for that matter.

also i couldnt wait till summer !
    althought once it hits pc's thatll be main form as everyone will easily be using their custom sticks and perhaps maybe there cud be less lag?

Hehe. Trust me, I'm no sony fanboy, far from it. If I didn't already have a PC, the 360 woulda been my choice for sure, but the only games I'd be interested in on the 360 are already on the PC.

That and the idea of paying just to be allowed use the internet on the console pisses me off, no matter how cheap it is.

& yeah when it does come to PC all end up playing it on that mostly.

Jim wrote: »
    I was in Game Dawson St today and asked about the pads. The lad said that selected stores were getting them and that would be decided on which stores had the most preorders. So get in and preorder incase they don't come back in online stores.

Damn, I was in town this mornin' and thought for a second to try and ask around shops meself but I assumed it woulda been a shot in the dark and I was in a rush so I left it.

N1 for the info. Did you pre-order yourself?

Also with a shop you've more of a chance of getting to pick the one you want :)

Are the pads out before the game yeah? I'd love to get used to them for awhile before SFIV comes out. I'm really used to 4 shoulder buttons.

Heres a thread where a guy whos has the pad talks about it, for anyone interested :

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=14526657&postcount=268

I'll update the op.

**edit**

Bah, It won't ****ing let me update the OP :(

Heres more pics anyway:

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

Makes things easier for people, I'll quote stuff he says in the thread :
    The d-pad is about the best I've used on a fighting pad so far, better than Ascii FT pads and Saturn fighting pads IMO. It has a very slight soft rubberized surface as compared to hard plastic. Same for the sides and back. Buttons have great feedback, neither too mushy or too springy, and works great in both thumb and overhand grip orientation. L&R buttons a little stiffer than expected out of the box, but I'm not expecting to use them much. Body of the controller is large, but light. It's definitely high quality.
    D-pad is a bit larger than the Saturn d-pad (which is on the small side for me), and it floats slightly higher. Tension is just right for charge moves. Circular, qc, hc motions are nice and smooth and primary u/d/l/r positions still feel obvious. The d-pad position is perfect for my hands, though it feels slightly shifted from the other pads so my left hand had to adjust to the angle.

Love the buttons being all the same size/shape personally.

It's looks bulkier than it is (see pics above). The size of the surface works well for an overhand piano grip (I rarely play like that). There's no rumble, so it's light.

As mentioned before. Recognized by the PC right away (as "PS3 RF Controller" or something). All buttons, and even the mode change switch functioned to change the d-pad from x/y axis, to hat, to z rotate/axis.

I didn't try to turn the PS3 on with it actually. I'll try that later on.
    Have you had any trouble with back to forward / down to up motions?

None. The tension is just about right, neither too mushy or too springy. It's precise yet not stiff.

I plan on testing some PS2/PS1 stuff via PS3 later.
    Other observations from last night:

--You cannot turn the PS3 on with the controller.

--If you leave the dongle plugged in, and the controller is not on, the red dongle led flashes continuously. So you'll want to only plug it in when you use it most likely.

--PS1 games via PS3 BC work perfect

--PS2 games via PS3 BC (60GB launch) do not work at all. Dongle never even turns on. I don't have a regular PS2 setup at the moment, so I couldn't try it, I assume it doesn't work.

--Tried plenty of other fighters with it, from Soul Blade to VF4, it's really damn awesome. Even more excited for SFIV and KOFXII now.

dpad looks really bulged out, wud that not cause problems?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

dpad looks really bulged out, wud that not cause problems?

+1 I was thinking the same thing, the D-Pad looks as bad as the 360 one.

You guys must not have played on a Sega controller in a while -- my "bulged" Saturn pad allows for PERFECT 180s, 270s & 360s.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Better than the saturn d-pad? I'll have to play on it to believe it but if it's better than the japanese saturn d-pad like the guy says then it truly must be the greatest d-pad ever made.

800px-SNES_Controller.jpg

best thing since sliced bread, although now it may feel a little slim, some extra padding for the palms perhaps

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Better than the saturn d-pad? I'll have to play on it to believe it but if it's better than the japanese saturn d-pad like the guy says then it truly must be the greatest d-pad ever made.

I'd be a happy happy man if it preforms similarly to the saturn or in my opinion the superior Megadrive 6 button joypad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭TheWitch06

Even though I don't use pad... I want to buy one, most likely the Chun pad.. just because it looks so good. :3

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

SNES contsoller was a decent pad alright but the d-pad was too small and only 4 face buttons meant it was gash for street fighter.

I personally much prefer the Saturn controller to the megadrive one. It's more a refinement of the already excellent 6 button megadrive controller. Unless you are talking about the first controller that westerners got with the saturn which was a travesty of xbox fat controller proportions.

dpad was small but i dont think 4 buttons should be an issue as HK+HP frames are the most, they are seldom used in games like sf3, anyway its beats the xbox controller.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

I don't understand why they can't make this work with a PC. I'd jump on if it could connect to a PS3 and a PC.

• Advertisement

L31mr0d wrote: »
    I don't understand why they can't make this work with a PC. I'd jump on if it could connect to a PS3 and a PC.

Should have got a 360 :P

Advertisement