Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SFIV madcatz control pad - where to buy in Ireland?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

L31mr0d wrote: »
    I don't understand why they can't make this work with a PC. I'd jump on if it could connect to a PS3 and a PC.
    Um... I'm pretty sure it DOES work with a PC.

The main problem is getting controllers to work with 360s & PS3s at the same time, due to MS requiring extra security chips & using non-standard protocols in their designs.

Same would go for their HDDs & memory cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Um... I'm pretty sure it DOES work with a PC.

The main problem is getting controllers to work with 360s & PS3s at the same time, due to MS requiring extra security chips & using non-standard protocols in their designs.

Same would go for their HDDs & memory cards.
    Nah, its as Retro said. 360 one works with a PC since its wired, but PS3 one doesn't as its wireless. I would say there's a good chance to make it work with PC as well but from those pics there doesn't seem to be a USB slot on the pad so chances are slim I reckon.

Oh FFS:
    PS3 pad comes with a 2.4Ghz RF USB dongle.

I'll eat my hat if it doesn't work with PC.
    ushanka-leather.jpg
    This is my kind of hat, too.
    Keeps you warm but doesn't prevent water from hitting your glasses.
    Dunno why I felt like pointing it out :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

And if it doesn't work straight off, some clever person from the intraweb will make drivers to get it working.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

that pad looks the exact same as the pads they released for the 15th anniversary. they were very good but not amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Guys the PS3 SFIV pad DOES work with the PC out of the box.

The guy even tested it in that thread (Its the PS3 one he's using)
    Also, it was recognized by Windows right away as ¨PS3 RF Controller¨. Worked fine when I tested it quickly earlier. Had to switch d-pad to left stick with the controller switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

I'm also sure that I've heard the PS3 fightpad will work on PC.

For those with UK addresses, the manufacturer's official site is accepting pre-orders again. Seems you can even pre-order the Tournament edition fightstick. [Link]

The site warns:
    MAXIUM 2 PER PERSON

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Uthred

They're sold out of the TE sticks already.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭cosgrove80

Has anyone any idea if Amazon will get more fightpads in before the 20th?

They must have sold out the preorders. I was going to resort to getting a Chun-Li one :) but even that's out of stock now.

Have a voucher and UK address so want to use Amazon

Has anyone successfully pre-ordered in town anywhere yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

I just heard Gamestop are not getting them in at least in Dublin,preorders world wide were too much.

ah ffs, tis lookin like I wont be able to get one for release :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    ah ffs, tis lookin like I wont be able to get one for release :(

look on the bright side, you spent loads of money on a PS3. :cool:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I just heard Gamestop are not getting them in at least in Dublin,preorders world wide were too much.

Well if Gamestop had taken the customer interest on board when it should have, they would have made a very good profit on them.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Eurogamer reviewed the two sticks and the joypad from Mad Catz. Rating the tournament edition 10/10 and the the standard stick and joypad 8 out of 10.

Anyway I have ordered my stick for the PS3 off the German Ebay. Damn hard to find em. Chances are it won't arrive till two weeks after the games release but that does not bother me too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 bourkeylxp

i put in a pre-order in game on dawson street there the other day, they told me there not sure if they are coming in but they are hopefull because it says on their system that a small and limited supply of the two fightsticks is DEFINITELY coming into ireland to selected game stores. so im guessing itll be first come, first serve

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

What about the Hori Arcade Stick ?

41wWJoOIixL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Tier list for alot of arcade sticks for various platforms.

http://sdtekken.com/tech-area/arcade-sticks/arcade-stick-ranking/

My current stick the X-Arcade is below all on this list :(

My new stick is a bit higher ranked :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

i asked bot GAME and gamestop here in Cork but they have no idea about them. GAME said maybe at launch of the game but dont hold your breath on that one.

TinCool wrote:
    What about the Hori Arcade Stick ?
    The Hori sticks are generally hard-as-hell to mod (need lots of desoldering & cutting), and the buttons & stick are sub-arcade quality.

Witch, remind me again why I'm modding TWO of them??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

The Hori sticks are generally hard-as-hell to mod (need lots of desoldering & cutting), and the buttons & stick are sub-arcade quality.

I'm sure you're right, but for someone like me who'd only be having a quick button bash every now and then on SFIV, would it be OK ? I couldn't face the old "hardukens" with the ps joypad.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

bourkeylxp wrote: »
    i put in a pre-order in game on dawson street there the other day, they told me there not sure if they are coming in but they are hopefull because it says on their system that a small and limited supply of the two fightsticks is DEFINITELY coming into ireland to selected game stores. so im guessing itll be first come, first serve

you pre-ordered the tourney stick? or the other bag of sh|t?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭TheWitch06

Well, Ciaran, you did suggest getting it modded.. Oh, and who mods sticks? YOU!

Well, all I can say is, I was first a long time ago. You probably hinted at Wil to get his modded ;), oh and he just needs to get his modded anyway because he doesn't have a HRAP which is essential. The EX2 is a load of crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Uthred

While the standard HORI may be an average stick its worth noting that the Hori Real Arcade Pro sticks are pretty good. The majority of them come with Sanwa sticks and quick disconnects on button which makes swopping out the buttons for sanwas a doddle. As well as that special edition sticks come with all sanwa parts which means they require no modding (well you may want to change the restrictor or mod for cosmetic reasons).

Yes, but the HRAP also costs an arm to buy and a leg to ship.

Meanwhile, I modded my HRAP ver.A to HRAP SE-spec :D

People in the states are already getting to pick up the pads, apparently 'best buy' are selling them over there.

Yet we can't even pre-order the ****in things, god damn it:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 bourkeylxp

ntlbell wrote: »
    you pre-ordered the tourney stick? or the other bag of sh|t?

they gave me a preorder for both although i said id only really be interested in buying the tourney stick, although if they just get the other sticks in id still buy 1, beats the ****ty 360 controller any day

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Has anyone been told about some Arcade sticks Gamestop are getting in?
    Not Madcatz ones, but some kind of sticks.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

The arcade sticks gamestop are getting in are about 50 euro, and I bet they will play like 50 euro too. Avoid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Pads and Sticks sold out again on Play as of this afternoon. I ordered mine last night but have a feeling I wont get them :/

Advertisement