Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SFIV madcatz control pad - where to buy in Ireland?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Jim wrote: »
    Pads and Sticks sold out again on Play as of this afternoon. I ordered mine last night but have a feeling I wont get them :/

I'm now relying on shops in Dublin city center having the pads on friday morning :P Amazon UK are being colossal dicks with the stock they have.

If I don't get one I guess I'll not worry too much, will just have to train harder on the 360!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Feckin'ell, sold out yet again!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Anyone any idea when Play should disptach the pads/sticks and what sort of wait time after postage?
    I preordered back in January & my orders status says "Order Placed" and they have yet to bill me too.

Don't really have much faith in them arriving Friday

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I've a bad feeling I'll totally miss out on these because I'm heading off on firday morning :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I've a bad feeling I'll totally miss out on these because I'm heading off on firday morning :'(

Are they not going to keep making them? I thought they just didn't realise the potential demand on the initial stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Play shipped both my pads this morning so there's an outside chance anyone who ordered from play might have them for Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

Play-asia sold out. Raging I didn't order it yesterday :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

FutureGuy wrote: »
    The arcade sticks gamestop are getting in are about 50 euro, and I bet they will play like 50 euro too. Avoid.
    Got a pic/name for those Gamestop ones?

After all, Saulabi (Korean) are serviceable, and they cost only about €30 (+p&p).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

A-Trak wrote: »
    Play shipped both my pads this morning so there's an outside chance anyone who ordered from play might have them for Friday

Mine was shipped today also (Ken pad), although I doubt they will be here Friday. I'll be happy to get them Tuesday next week.

I *may* get a Tournament Edition stick if a local retailer comes through for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

just checked on my break there in gamestop in the pavillions in swords. I go up to the counter and ask "Do you have the madcatz fightpads in"... to which he replies "yeah we have some in stock, going on sale on friday" :eek: so I ask to see them, and what he actually has are Hori fightsticks :mad: I mean how could he get that wrong. I said "No, madcatz? you know with a D-Pad?" Once I got the puzzled look I just turned and left.

EDIT: btw, the ones they have in stock are these ones

http://www.hori.jp/us/products/xbox360/fighting_stick_ex2/index.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

L31mr0d wrote: »
    just checked on my break there in gamestop in the pavillions in swords. I go up to the counter and ask "Do you have the madcatz fightpads in"... to which he replies "yeah we have some in stock, going on sale on friday" :eek: so I ask to see them, and what he actually has are Hori fightsticks :mad: I mean how could he get that wrong. I said "No, madcatz? you know with a D-Pad?" Once I got the puzzled look I just turned and left.

EDIT: btw, the ones they have in stock are these ones

http://www.hori.jp/us/products/xbox360/fighting_stick_ex2/index.html

I bought the fightstick in gamestop on my lunch. Ill see about ordering the mad catz pad once theyre not ridiculously sold out everywhere. I dont care what the stick is like because no matter how abysmally bad it could possibly be, its STILL going to be better than the 360 dpad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Whats so bad about the hori anyway?? Looks pretty decent to me.

Batesy wrote: »

dunno, seems fine to me, i guess its prob not as good as the 99 euro jobs. I hope its okay anyway, as i say it has to be better than the standard 360 dpad

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

My CE edition shipped this morning from Play but my two pads were changed to "Preorder" even though I ordered them 18 hours before they were taken off the site again :/

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭mcgarnicle

0ubliette wrote: »
    I bought the fightstick in gamestop on my lunch. Ill see about ordering the mad catz pad once theyre not ridiculously sold out everywhere. I dont care what the stick is like because no matter how abysmally bad it could possibly be, its STILL going to be better than the 360 dpad

Are they selling them now or just taking pre-orders for Friday?

mcgarnicle wrote: »
    Are they selling them now or just taking pre-orders for Friday?

in gamestop in town, henry st had 2 left for sale, one of which i put full payment on (pre order). So unless the other is gone, you might get one there. The gamestop on liffey st only had 1 in stock, and the guy said he wasnt taking pre orders on it, and would jsut sell it on first come first served basis.

Batesy wrote: »

well I just prefer a d-pad. It depends on what your used to. If you've played fight games in arcades a lot then you'll be at home with a stick. I've always used D-Pads so it's what I prefer. Plus I really want the fightpad for use with the PC also and my ROM collections, the 360 controller I have just isn't cutting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Fightpad was shipped by Shopto yesterday. No word from Asda on the game yet... was expecting Play.com to be slow with delivery (again) so went with Adsa.

Wonder if I receive the Ryu pad... it's the only one pictured on the Shopto site but may just be a placeholder for the whole range.

can anyone help me put in a 360 pad into hrap2?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Placebo wrote: »
    can anyone help me put in a 360 pad into hrap2?
    Are you trying to dual-mod?

I tried that & got frustrated to all hell, so I ended up ripping the HRAP'S PCB & having all the wires going to a DB-15 (panel mount) connector -- the connector's cheap in Peats, but the cable...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

If anyone's looking for them, Gameseek.co.uk seem to have some of the pads in stock (Ryu, Chun Li).

nice find koneko, ordered :cool:

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Are you trying to dual-mod?

I tried that & got frustrated to all hell, so I ended up ripping the HRAP'S PCB & having all the wires going to a DB-15 (panel mount) connector -- the connector's cheap in Peats, but the cable...

id say il avoid dual mod if its that hard, i need need to find out what to solder to what, why u using a connector ? and which cable ?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

koneko wrote: »
    If anyone's looking for them, Gameseek.co.uk seem to have some of the pads in stock (Ryu, Chun Li).

excellent nice find!

ordered a ryu hope it goes through *crosses fingers*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Ordered the game and Ryu pad too, though I'm not fussy about which pad I actually get. Cheers for that link I was dreading looking around town on friday for one!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

No worries. I ordered a Ryu pad too, hah. Hopefully Gameseek aren't terribly slow :)

koneko wrote: »

sweet!!! just ordered a ryu there myself. Lets hope its not an error and they ship out tomorrow

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

They won't ship the sticks to ireland and I'm 3 euro short on a 3v card for two pads or a stick anyway :/ balls might order two pads tomorrow, can get the game when I'm back from holidays. And there's me going on about the virtues of sticks :)

• Advertisement

gameseek shipped my controller this morning!! :D

Advertisement