Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SFIV madcatz control pad - where to buy in Ireland?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

gamestop on north side, were saying they had 2, but there the fighting stick ex2 or something, i dont think they use arcade parts etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Davey909

Has anyone pre-ordered the fightpads with Amazon? Mine still hasn't been dispatched yet, was supposed to be dispatched yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

quad_red wrote: »
    Any of the places I've called in Dublin aren't even aware the Madcatz pads exist.

They're aware of the joysticks though.
    I asked in Dublin city centre about the pads...

Gamestop Henry St said they had 3 left but had 4 preorders and they couldn't sell them, but said they are hoping to get some tomorrow and if not next week. That's for Xbox, they might have some for PS3

Gamestop Liffey St said they never got any in.

Game Dawson St said they didn't get any in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

If nobody else has checked, I'll drop into smyths on jervis street at lunch and let you chaps know if they have any.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Jim wrote: »
    I asked in Dublin city centre about the pads...

Gamestop Henry St said they had 3 left but had 4 preorders and they couldn't sell them, but said they are hoping to get some tomorrow and if not next week. That's for Xbox, they might have some for PS3

Gamestop Liffey St said they never got any in.

Game Dawson St said they didn't get any in.

Ditto this. Also GAME in Ilac center don't have any.

• Advertisement

If nobody else has checked, I'll drop into smyths on jervis street at lunch and let you chaps know if they have any.
    Forgot to say, went in here as well. They guy said "We have the game" when I asked about the pads and didn't seem to know what I was talking about. Might be worth going in again to ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Forgot to say, went in here as well. They guy said "We have the game" when I asked about the pads and didn't seem to know what I was talking about. Might be worth going in again to ask.

I was in there this morning and the the guy I asked didn't know about them either, but he asked another guy and he said they didn't have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Forgive me if this sounds like a silly question, (piano key layout aside for a second) if the d-pad blister is the main problem with using the regular ps3 pad. Then why not use the analogue sticks?

Also from what I've read at this randomly googled forum, the ps3 dpad is grand for SFIV, unlike the 360 pad.

I'm waiting on my game to be delivered... but I don't think I'll be investing in more controllers. I'm used SFII emulator on a ps style controller, shoulder buttons and all.

ApeXaviour wrote: »
    Forgive me if this sounds like a silly question, (piano key layout aside for a second) if the d-pad blister is the main problem with using the regular ps3 pad. Then why not use the analogue sticks?

Also from what I've read at this randomly googled forum, the ps3 dpad is grand for SFIV, unlike the 360 pad.

I'm waiting on my game to be delivered... but I don't think I'll be investing in more controllers. I'm used SFII emulator on a ps style controller, shoulder buttons and all.
    When I was Game this morning I was playing it on a PS3. I couldn't actually use the dpad at all because I've been playing HDremix with 360 analogue stick for months. Had to use the stick on the PS3 pad.

have a play in gamestop on northside today,
    360 pad isnt so bad actually !

• Advertisement

Never really played street fighter games but this looks cool, would it be worth getting ??

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Never really played street fighter games but this looks cool, would it be worth getting ??

it depends

did you not play them because you didn't like them?

if you didn't you probably wont like it

but asking people on a thread on SF should you get it is a bit like asking a priest should you pray

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

That's nothing compared to TE sticks.
    I'm not linking, because I don't think the Boards can handle that much FAIL.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

quad_red wrote: »

Bought mine at lunchtime in GAME for £25. Granted I'm in London but the eBay prices are horrible!

300 euro for stick
    LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Touting pricks. I'm tempted to spoil a few of those auctions.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Otacon wrote: »
    Bought mine at lunchtime in GAME for £25. Granted I'm in London but the eBay prices are horrible!

And how much stock did they have? Was there loads or only a few? Did you have to preorder?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭mcgarnicle

I got a Hori stick from Gamestop, I know they're not official and are a few years old but it seems the business to me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

ApeXaviour wrote: »

Ps3 d-pad isnt an issue, its a decent d-pad. It might be a little on the small side though. Using the little analogue stick doesn't work too well, its your only choice on the 360 really though. But I can't see advanced movements like super canceling etc etc working too well. The times I've played HDR on the 360, I could only really play charge characters. But when I say 'play' I mean only just about compared to what I can do on a d-pad.

I REALLY REALLY wish however, that SFIV let you map BUTTONS to the RIGHT analogue stick on the ps3. tap the right stick up for PPP and tap it down for KKK for example.

I hate using L1 and L2 on the ps pad for doing moves. Entering the command with your left thumb while pressing the buttons with your left index finger just doesnt feel as fluid as if you could use your right hand to press the buttons :(

As a result I find comboing into Ultras harder then I would if I could map the buttons to use with my right hand. But theres just no room elsewhere on the pad minus the right stick. :( Damn limited consoles :( I could sort this on the pc in 2 seconds!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

A-Trak wrote: »
    WTF!! they were 150 sterling on Monday.
    Touting bastards.

That was when play were selling it, the £280 is from third parties

Play.com wrote:
    Thank you for your recent order for Street Fighter IV Xbox 360 FightPad Controller - Chun-Li

We have experienced extremely high demand for this product and as a result all of our initial allocation has been sold. Whilst we can confirm that we will be receiving more stock and all outstanding orders will be filled, we are unlikely to receive our next allocation until June. Please be assured that you have not been charged and your order will remain active unless you choose to cancel it.

Sadface.

Sadface.

june? wtf!@#

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Uthred

Picked up a TE Fightstick and a Ryu Fightpad. The stick is pretty nice, good weight and obviously nice parts. Probably going to swap out the restrictor and the knob. The fightpad on the other hand doesnt feel great, its pretty light and feels a little cheap. Even worse is the fact that it doesnt work. The dongle just flashes away and fails to connect, disappointing to say the least.

sigh

After asking for a Madcatz Street Fighter Fightpad in Gamespot yesterday a nice man told me they'd have more in today. So I got up early today, rang Gamespot and asked if they had any Madcatz Street Fighter Fightpads in. Yes he says! And he can hold one for me until 12! Most kind I say.

So I rush to town, go up to the counter and say I rang earlier about the Madcatz Street Fighter Fightpad. Yes he says, one moment! And then I'm presented with a Hori Arcade Stick....

He didn't know anything about Madcatz Street Fighter Fightpads or that they'd ever have them in stock. I didn't buy the Hori stick.

sigh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

sigh

After asking for a Madcatz Street Fighter Fightpad in Gamespot yesterday a nice man told me they'd have more in today. So I got up early today, rang Gamespot and asked if they had any Madcatz Street Fighter Fightpads in. Yes he says! And he can hold one for me until 12! Most kind I say.

So I rush to town, go up to the counter and say I rang earlier about the Madcatz Street Fighter Fightpad. Yes he says, one moment! And then I'm presented with a Hori Arcade Stick....

He didn't know anything about Madcatz Street Fighter Fightpads or that they'd ever have them in stock. I didn't buy the Hori stick.

sigh

You should have, the hori stick is fine. I was using it all night last night, now im flying with it. Better to have a decent arcade stick than a game sitting there unplayable cause of the 360 dpad..

• Advertisement

0ubliette wrote: »
    You should have, the hori stick is fine. I was using it all night last night, now im flying with it. Better to have a decent arcade stick than a game sitting there unplayable cause of the 360 dpad..
    I prefer to use a pad in general which is why I wanted the pad. I'm using the 360 analogue stick, its but great but I can play the game fine (mostly because I spent 4 months playing HDRemix with it).

I just wish people in game shops actually listened to you or knew what you were talking about.

Advertisement