Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SFIV madcatz control pad - where to buy in Ireland?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Jim wrote: »
    sigh

After asking for a Madcatz Street Fighter Fightpad in Gamespot yesterday a nice man told me they'd have more in today. So I got up early today, rang Gamespot and asked if they had any Madcatz Street Fighter Fightpads in. Yes he says! And he can hold one for me until 12! Most kind I say.

So I rush to town, go up to the counter and say I rang earlier about the Madcatz Street Fighter Fightpad. Yes he says, one moment! And then I'm presented with a Hori Arcade Stick....

He didn't know anything about Madcatz Street Fighter Fightpads or that they'd ever have them in stock. I didn't buy the Hori stick.

sigh

which gamespot? i'm looking for a hori stick

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

ntlbell wrote: »
    which gamespot? i'm looking for a hori stick
    Henry St.

They had 2 left at around 10 this morning, not sure about now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Do any of the stores in Blanchardstown stock these (madcatz, not hori etc.)? I'll be out that way later today & would like to pick one up where possible!

Jim wrote: »
    Henry St.

They had 2 left at around 10 this morning, not sure about now.

cheers

picked one up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

will one of these work for the ps3 if its bought in the US or off playasia? i know the normal ones do but it doesn't say anything about it on the sites.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

fightpads? Don't see why not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭kaiser soza

Play Asia usually list if something is region locked also I think they are soldout of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Anyone know of any stores in Dublin with xbox Hori sticks left.
    The D-Pad on my last controller has given up. Game is practically unplayable for me know.

Gamestop Henry St have a PS3 one left should anyone desire it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

Is it true there won't be any more Mad Catz sticks available until around June?? If so, wow, the geniuses planned this well...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Branoic wrote: »
    Is it true there won't be any more Mad Catz sticks available until around June?? If so, wow, the geniuses planned this well...

That's madness. They should have pre-empted the demand with the demand for the game itself...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

A-Trak wrote: »
    Anyone know of any stores in Dublin with xbox Hori sticks left.
    The D-Pad on my last controller has given up. Game is practically unplayable for me know.

Gamestop Henry St have a PS3 one left should anyone desire it

how much?

ShaneU wrote: »
    how much?

44 of your euros.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Ok lads, well since the madcatz fightpads are no where to be seen anymore. Think its time to start looking for alternatives. Mainly, alternatives for the 360 pad. I'm on the ps3 so I'm okay, but a good few of my mates are on the 360 and are screwed.

So whats the deal with 3rd party 360 pads?

This is the best one I know of anyway. But does anyone know where to get it in Ireland????????

bd9801.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

who here modded hrap 2 for a 360 , i need help

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

So anyone know of anywhere in Dulbin I can get any kind of arcade stick/pad for the 360? I'm getting desperate now and even considering the official green joypad that's supposed to have a better d-pad designed for Pro Evo.

Woot. 2 gamepads landed this morning.:D

Had the briefest of games with them, worringly wasn't crazy impressed with them. Forward jumep (Diagonal forward up,) on both seemed a bit unresponsive and needed a good push.

Also will need to get used to the button layout. Has been over 15years since I've had a 6 button pad.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I don't have many problems playing with the XBox analog pad but I ordered 2 of them which should arrive today. If I feel like I prefer the standard 360 pad, they'll probably go up on adverts for cost if anyone would be interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Yes, I can't seem to find them anywhere so ill definately be interested. Let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I don't have many problems playing with the XBox analog pad but I ordered 2 of them which should arrive today. If I feel like I prefer the standard 360 pad, they'll probably go up on adverts for cost if anyone would be interested.

I'd definately take one.

Just browsing some other forums and it seems lots of people go stung by www.gameseek.co.uk . They appear to have carried on taking orders (and still are now) for a volume of stock they never had – the fact that they charge as soon as the order is placed makes is even worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,051 ✭✭✭✭event

so anywhere have these in stock on teh street?

how long will it be until stock comes in?

• Advertisement

event wrote: »
    so anywhere have these in stock on teh street?

how long will it be until stock comes in?

according to a response someone got here from play it will be june!@#

• Registered Users Posts: 16,051 ✭✭✭✭event

ah ffs, thats a joke

ill have to see what eaby is offering, but ownt be spending that much

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Placebo wrote: »
    who here modded hrap 2 for a 360 , i need help
    PM sent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭TheGreatOne

Bought a Hori EX2 at about 12ish today in Gamestop for €55, and the guy said they had one left when I was leavin, first to IM me I'll let ya know which store. (Dublin northside)

event wrote: »
    ah ffs, thats a joke

ill have to see what eaby is offering, but ownt be spending that much

the pads and TE sticks on ebay are a joke at the moment

there was a TE stick looking for 350e!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Chalk it down - I'll take one as well! ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Looks like I ****ed up waiting to buy this game with the pads :(

There's no way I'm playing it with an unplayable controller.

I'd any local xtravisions get the pads in? Might have better luck there.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

I scored the Mad Catz Tournament Edition stick for the PS3 from the German E-Bay a few weeks back. Granted it still has not arrived, and probably won't be here till next week but I payed about the right price for it for it €145.99 which is €4.00 under the recommended prices. That does not including shipping which cost another €25 via DHL the only service that delivered to Ireland from the people I bought it off.

You could try the French and German E-bays with the aid of a online translator.

A freind of mine is fluent in German anyway so if I have any issues I can get him to help with it.

Only wish I had bought 2 so I could so I could put on adverts.ie and fleece the lot of you :D

I'm about 40% way getting all the trophies but I'm relunctant to try and complete the harder challenges on a PS3 pad.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Looks like I ****ed up waiting to buy this game with the pads :(

There's no way I'm playing it with an unplayable controller.

I'd any local xtravisions get the pads in? Might have better luck there.

No xtravision has them afaik...checked a few in Limerick and rang others in Clare/Cork. The analog of the 360 is very nice for playing. Have no problems with any of the moves, and in fact, the Supers/Ultras of the charge characters are far easier than using a pad. I'eve played on a pad since the SNES and don't think I'd do half as well with a stick :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

No xtravision has them afaik...checked a few in Limerick and rang others in Clare/Cork. The analog of the 360 is very nice for playing. Have no problems with any of the moves, and in fact, the Supers/Ultras of the charge characters are far easier than using a pad. I'eve played on a pad since the SNES and don't think I'd do half as well with a stick :p

4 face buttons is a big handicap though even if it is actually good which I doubt.

Advertisement