Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SFIV madcatz control pad - where to buy in Ireland?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    4 face buttons is a big handicap though even if it is actually good which I doubt.

Since I started playing playing on SNES and then PS2 and XBox, that really doesn't bother me. And now that its 4 face and 4 shoulder (3xP and 3xK on triggers), it's not that big of a transition.

Horses for courses I guess!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I just always hated using face buttons for SF. Grew up with it in the arcades and megadrive so can't get used to the shoulder buttons.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

I just always hated using face buttons for SF. Grew up with it in the arcades and megadrive so can't get used to the shoulder buttons.

I was always ok with the right shoulder button it was the left that casues problems trying to get moves out on the pad with your left hand and hit the left bumper is painful..

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

OH Fud just got this in my e-mail box :(

Hello, we were be informed by Madcatz ( the producer of this fighting stick )today that the stick will be delay to bring out to the market becuase of a small technical problem. the new release date will be 26th ,03,2009 for sure . we are sorry to tell you this news . we suggest that you wait for one month for the product that you already bought from us because those item will be very difficult to find and purchase anywhere later . we will send you the order as soon as we recieve them. thank you for your understanding and supporting . wish you have a nice day.

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Damn you cruel world :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Bloody local xtravision only has the PS3 version. I'll hold off for the 360 one since it looks a litle better in the eurogamer report.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Bloody local xtravision only has the PS3 version. I'll hold off for the 360 one since it looks a litle better in the eurogamer report.

Which xtra-vision has a ps3 madcatz fightpad?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Got my Ryu pad from Gameseek today.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

koneko wrote: »
    Got my Ryu pad from Gameseek today.

mine arrived aswell just never got a chance to pick it up

how did you find it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Yeah jesus where can I pick this up?!

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

Gameseek have them in again, just ordered a Ken one for myself. Soon, I can finally have a Street fighter session up in my gaff...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Gameseek have them in again, just ordered a Ken one for myself. Soon, I can finally have a Street fighter session up in my gaff...

don't be so sure, mine still hasn't shipped yet and I've contacted them a few times about it with no reply. It doesn't smell right imo.

Would anyone looking for the madcatz fightpads settle for the Sega Saturn Pads?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Yep, I'm in the same boat as L31r0d. My order status is stuck at 'order placed' despite them taking the money. I sent an email this morning but no reply as yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i need a good pad, i played for two hours tonight and my thumb is bleeding :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

My thumb started getting sore with the ps3 pad... Put on a winter glove on my left hand and it's grand now. Just careful you don't put on one too big. I kept hitting the analog stick without knowing and it was f**kin up my ultras.

• great just got my chun-li fightpad today. must give it a test now. haven't tocuhed the game since playing once with the crappy 360 controller.

Sorry, they just had the PS3 version of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

L31mr0d wrote: »
    don't be so sure, mine still hasn't shipped yet and I've contacted them a few times about it with no reply. It doesn't smell right imo.
    Yep, I'm in the same boat as L31r0d. My order status is stuck at 'order placed' despite them taking the money. I sent an email this morning but no reply as yet.

"Please note these controllers are in high demand & are on a first come - first served basis and will be sent as soon as stock comes in. Madcatz have informed us they will be sending out stock as and when its ready so please only order if you are prepared to wait."

They don't have any. They won't have any until mad catz ships out more and only god knows when that will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

L31mr0d wrote: »

Would anyone looking for the madcatz fightpads settle for the Sega Saturn Pads?

can you get them for the 360? :confused:

ApeXaviour wrote: »
    My thumb started getting sore with the ps3 pad... Put on a winter glove on my left hand and it's grand now. Just careful you don't put on one too big. I kept hitting the analog stick without knowing and it was f**kin up my ultras.

What gets me on the ps3 pads is the back of them. They dig right into the side of my knuckles on my middle fingers. Left hand mostly. In fact the knuckle on my left hand middle finger now has a small bump growing out the side of it after a year of using the pad (Used it for 3s on my pc) I had to put padding on the back of my pads. (used padding that you'd get to wrap around hurls)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Davey909

ShaneU wrote: »
    "Please note these controllers are in high demand & are on a first come - first served basis and will be sent as soon as stock comes in. Madcatz have informed us they will be sending out stock as and when its ready so please only order if you are prepared to wait."

They don't have any. They won't have any until mad catz ships out more and only god knows when that will be.

Amazon sent me the following e-mail regarding my pre-order after I mailed them:
    Dear Customer

Thank you for writing to Amazon.co.uk.

I am sorry to say that there is a delay with "Mad Catz Xbox 360 Street Fighter IV FightPad - Chun-Li (Xbox 360)" from your order #xxxxxxxxxx.

"Mad Catz Xbox 360 Street Fighter IV FightPad - Chun-Li (Xbox 360)" has proven to be a very popular item. We have many customer orders for this item, and we've just begun receiving copies from our supplier. We are filling orders as quickly as we can on a first-come, first-served basis.

We expect to dispatch your order #xxxxxxxxxxx on March 24, 2009. On the date of dispatch, we'll send you an e-mail message confirming the date, contents and method of delivery.

You are also able to check the status or view estimated dispatch and delivery dates of your order from Your Account.

They're telling me they expect to dispatch at the end of March, don't know if other companies are the same.

I've been buying stuff off them for years & thought my order would be safe. Bastards.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

ApeXaviour wrote: »
    My thumb started getting sore with the ps3 pad... Put on a winter glove on my left hand and it's grand now..
    i need a good pad, i played for two hours tonight and my thumb is bleeding :(

LMAO, I can just imagine a laborer or bricky reading this and thinking WTF !!! :P :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

SeantheMan wrote: »
    LMAO, I can just imagine a laborer or bricky reading this and thinking WTF !!! :P :rolleyes:

Thumb blisters are serious business! I still have a dent my left thumb from SF2 on the SNES.

Thumb blisters are serious business! I still have a dent my left thumb from SF2 on the SNES.

If you put it on ice the surgeons might be able to reattach it :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 bourkeylxp

i have been looking everywhere for the pads,sticks, basicly anything. and my god madcatz really should have expected this demand, did they really think people would settle on using the 360 anolouge and the ps3 d-pad which is equally as crap!. and to make matters worse my 360 just got the ring of death, back to sf2turbo on the snes for a while:(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

bourkeylxp wrote: »
    i have been looking everywhere for the pads,sticks, basicly anything. and my god madcatz really should have expected this demand, did they really think people would settle on using the 360 anolouge and the ps3 d-pad which is equally as crap!. and to make matters worse my 360 just got the ring of death, back to sf2turbo on the snes for a while:(

The 360 pad is good but wears out quickly. The analog, however, is great for SF and is way better for use with the charge characters than a pad. Takes a little getting used to but with practice, you'll be throwing out any move you want.

Could never do Guiles Super with a pad, but can do it 100% of the time with the analog. The only thing you need to watch out for on the 360 controller is the use of the triggers for the Ultras (3K and 3P)...sometimes you'll throw out an EX move if your input is sloppy.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Picked up a Ken fightpad on ebay. Paid like 70 euro for it, which is alot more than its worth but i got the game for 36 euro from play so it balances out.

Plus, there is no point in getting the game without a good controller for it. I've been using the standard 360 controller for HD remix and while it is "okay" its not great. I kept missing fei longs flame kick because of the stupid D-pad. Plus, having only 4 face buttons and having to use RB and LB is a pain. Really limits combo possibilities. So I paid the premium on ebay. It sucks, as I normally don't bow to touter types but I made an exception this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Has anyone tried this option:

http://cgi.ebay.com/2x-KEN-FIGHTING-PAD-CONTROLLERS-FOR-STREET-FIGHTER-4-IV_W0QQitemZ400033298880QQcmdZViewItemQQptZVideo_Games_Accessories?hash=item400033298880&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1234%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A0%7C293%3A2%7C294%3A50

I have a few of these limited edition pads for the ps2 and am cosidering just buying the ps2 to ps3 adaptor but am not sure how good of a solution it is.

I'm not sure if it will work but can't see why not. Those games pads are excelent though, they are practically exact replicas of the japanese saturn gamepads which are by far and away the best d-pad controller ever made.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I'm not sure if it will work but can't see why not. Those games pads are excelent though, they are practically exact replicas of the japanese saturn gamepads which are by far and away the best d-pad controller ever made.

Excellent. I think I will take that option so..

Shame that you can't get similar adaptors for the Xbox360 as we have both the PS3 and 360 versions in the house and it would be sweet if the one solution worked on both.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

there is an adapter out there somewhere that allows you to connect an xbox controller to a ps and a ps controller to an xbox so I assume any combination of controller with console is achievable.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Kirby wrote: »
    there is an adapter out there somewhere that allows you to connect an xbox controller to a ps and a ps controller to an xbox so I assume any combination of controller with console is achievable.

I WANT

Advertisement