Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can i get a refund?

Options
  • 12-01-2009 11:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭

Got a hoody fomr elverys for christmas a thomond park one,worn it maybe 4 times since then and noticed it going all bumpy in the sleeves(by the wrist) and across the back it's resulted in me not wearing it at its itchy and uncomfortable,so can i take it back?I got the receipt from the person who gave it to me,i have hoodies for a quarter of the price that are still fine..Cost €60 so assumed it would be better than my cheap ones.

Do i have a chance?

Thanks all

Also could i get a refund?Or a new one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,251 ✭✭✭ongarite

I doubt it, its been worn and washed 4 times already.
    Did you wash/dry the hoody as per instructions?
    The bumps you mention are usually caused from friction & washing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

No i havn't washed it at all due to the bumps appearing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭cooperla

Ricky91t wrote: »
    No i havn't washed it at all due to the bumps appearing

Doubt you can get a refund as it's been worn but worth ringing and asking I guess.

It is possible that all it needs is a wash and then it won't cause the bumps anymore - loads of people have probably tried it on in the store so it's always a good idea to wash new clothes before wearing imo.

cooperla wrote: »
    Doubt you can get a refund as it's been worn but worth ringing and asking I guess.

It is possible that all it needs is a wash and then it won't cause the bumps anymore - loads of people have probably tried it on in the store so it's always a good idea to wash new clothes before wearing imo.

Yeah but i don't want to wash it just incase they say thats why it's like that cause it was washed wrong,If it is the case what can i do?It's like a new hoody worn a few times and now unwearable which is terrible I.M.O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 988 ✭✭✭IsThatSo?

If its itchy, and you can't wear it would that not come under the "must be fit for the purpose intended" aspect of Sale of Goods Act?

Its not fit for the purpose intended if you can't wear it!!!

Thing is, if its happened to your hoodie then you can be sure that its happened to others so they may have had several returns already :)

• Advertisement

Well took it back today,where very helpfull but they have to send it off to the returns dep..I'll let people know the outcome

Almost a month later still waiting for a phone call back from eleverys

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

Ricky91t wrote: »
    Almost a month later still waiting for a phone call back from eleverys

You should call them and remind them, it has been a month after all!

IsThatSo? wrote: »
    If its itchy, and you can't wear it would that not come under the "must be fit for the purpose intended" aspect of Sale of Goods Act?

Its not fit for the purpose intended if you can't wear it!!!

They are also breaking more than one right,

The Jumper was not....
    • Of "merchantable quality" – this means that it must be of an acceptable standard, which it is not as the quality has gone bad after such a short time!
    • Fit for the purpose intended it were bought for ( As above)
    If your getting no where with them when you call them, make it clear that you no your rights! Tell them that you will not back down!

Keep me posted, if above fails. Small Claims Count may be an option, its bad publicity for them, so once you mension it in writing outlineing the complaint aswell. They should take action.

Any way you don't need to worry about above paragrah till you call them first.

Heres a link to a website you may find handy

http://www.consumerconnect.ie

Also if you need any more help, Post here, Id be happy to help (if I can) :)

Advertisement