Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

32" hung from a Partition wall?

• 12-01-2009 11:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭

Hi I have a Samsung 32" tv and I am planning on hanging it on a partition wall in my bedroom.

My house is about 30 years old and my bedroom is on the first floor with partitions most likely made of wooden posts and plasterboard. (If this info makes a difference)

I have heard varying opinions on whether you can hang a tv of this size on a partition wall.

I would obviously hopefully support on the vertical wooden posts if possible but it is difficult to tell where these verts are.

At the moment I have a 15" SD tv on a tv support from the same wall. It cantilevers about half a foot from the wall and therefore would most likely be putting a decent amount of weight on to the wall.

Has anyone done this before and what method did you use? Did you just drill into the plasterboard, support it on the wooden posts or reinforce the wall some way?

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 302 ✭✭Rich1691

I have a similar room to you with plaster board etc.. If you have skirting boards along the bottom there may be a nail in it every so often.
    If you look along it you may see these. If you do I think thats where the timber uprights are so if you follow them up the wall that should give you what your looking for!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭wiseolsham

Mentioned this in another thread. If no other option, try toggle bolts. Just check their bearing capacity first. I had a 32" Samsung onto a fireplace with 6 toggle bolts and no probs and have a 26" Samsung in the bedroom with 2 toggle bolts. All were plasterboard, no joists or anything.

They all feel rock solid. But at your own risk as they say

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Bilbert55

When i come across this prob, i'd use 1 of the universal brackets. There are a few types out there which have a back plate on them which have many holes along the top and bottom of the plate. This plate is the part attached to the wall. So your not restricted where you can use your screws. So find where the timber uprights are in the wall. (a good tap will find them) and where the holes in the bracket line up with your uprights - thats where u use your screws!plb102s.7.jpg

Hope this helps! But at your own risk! if your unsure seek help!

Advertisement