Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Squats, Squats, Squats

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

perma banned if you say no :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭podge57

- Decided to squat today, since I have other stuff going on tonight and 2moro. Felt pretty good and well rested, and it wasn't as cold as I thought in the shed. Very happy with how I went, got 202.5 for a small PR with no problems, then 210, which was a little bit messy, but I think I was good for at least 215kg today. I was tempted to go for it, but stuck to the plan.
    - Was going for 140kgx20 after, but at rep 15, they were turning into GMs, so stopped there. First time pulling in 5 weeks too, I took more time setting up and got down lower. They were slower off the ground, but really strong at lockout, so I will work with that technique next week.

Squat
    20kg x 6
    60kg x 5
    100kg x 3
    140kg x 2
    180kg x 1
    202.5kg x 1 2.5kg PR
    210kg x 1 10kg PR
    140kg x 15

Speed Deadlifts
    100kg x 3
    140kg x 2
    180kg x1,1,1,1 (20 secs rest)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

very nice

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

That's savage dude. Delighted it all came together for ya!!

So what was that... circa 10-15kg from the base meso, and 10-15kg from the intense as well??

Went back and looked at your first week.... 125 4x9 - Gas!! Bet you'd p!ss thru em now. It's just under 60% of what you finished up on, so I'm hoping that I'll make it all the way thru the base and intense with a similar gain. Should leave me set for around 235kg if I did (which would leave me amazingly delighted!).

very nice
    Hanley wrote: »
    That's savage dude. Delighted it all came together for ya!!

So what was that... circa 10-15kg from the base meso, and 10-15kg from the intense as well??

Went back and looked at your first week.... 125 4x9 - Gas!! Bet you'd p!ss thru em now. It's just under 60% of what you finished up on, so I'm hoping that I'll make it all the way thru the base and intense with a similar gain. Should leave me set for around 235kg if I did (which would leave me amazingly delighted!).

Thanks fellas

Yup, it was a 17.5kg gain in the base cycle, then officially 10kg after the intense, but there's a few more kg's in there

125x4x9 was actually pretty hard that first day iirc, never thought I'd end up with a 210kg start at the end of it.
    I think you should def. be capable of 235kg by the end of it

• Advertisement

- I'm not going to start back training properly until Monday, but I got some bands and wanted to try them out. I'm not going to use them for stuff like squatting and benching, they're just going to be for accessory stuff like facepulls, pushdowns, abs, stretching, pulldowns etc
    - Not sure about what sort of weight they took off, but the benching was all fairly easy

Reverse Band Bench (super-minis)
    20kg x 8
    60kg x 5
    80kg x 3
    100kg x 3
    122.5kg x 3
    100kg x 8

Pullups

Pushdowns

Facepulls

Lat Pulldowns

AB Pulldowns

- Today was really tough. I've been out late 2 nights in a row, and also stayed up late xmas night. Wasn't feeling too bad earlier, but once I started lifting, the tiredness hit me hard. STill got evrything done, which is good. Squats felt heavy and slow, but it was a decent PR. Got a vid, but managed to put my water bottle in front of the cam, so you cant see much.
    - Everything else was good, going to do higher rep benching on mondays just to get some added volume in, really need to get my bench up.

Standing Ab Pulldowns (Super Mini)

Squats
    20kg x 5
    60kg x 5
    100kg x 3
    140kg x 3
    160kg x 2
    185kg x 5 PR
    160kg x 5

Plate Lunges
    40kg x 8
    40kg x 8
    40kg x 8

Bench
    40kg x 8
    60kg x 8
    70kg x 5
    80kg x 16

Off to bed now...

- Another tough session, I've some sort of stomach virus, but I wanted to get this done anyway. Happy enough with the deadlifts I suppose. I was tring to focus on getting lower at the start of the pull - on the first set, I rushed the 2nd and 3rd reps, and wasn't getting in the right position, so for the second set, I took more time setting up between each rep, although the 3rd was just too much for me. Overall, not bad for my first heavy deadlifts in 6 weeks
    - Everything else was pretty good, nothing spectacular.
    - Next week I will do some heavy singles, including my opener

Pullups

Deadlift
    60kg x 6
    100kg x 5
    140kg x 3
    180kg x 2
    200kg x 1
    220kg x 3 PR
    220kg x 2

Romanian DL
    100kg x 10
    110kg x 8
    110kg x 8

Lat Pulldown

dude you'll probably be deadlifting 300kg in a year!

dude you'll probably be deadlifting 300kg in a year!

lol, I wish. If I'm around 270kg by the end of next year I will be very pleased

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭jayoo

Brill deads:)

podge that wasnt 220 x 2
    that was 220 by 2.75 :P

unfortunatly they would all get red lights cause you slammed the weights and caused quite a ruckous

Thanks lads,

I always seem to fail right at the top, inches from lockout. Its really frustrating, and something I'm definitely going to work on in the next few months

'Twas a bit noisy today alright, luckily I have no neighbours to complain about it :D

unfortunatly they would all get red lights cause you slammed the weights and caused quite a ruckous

he kept his hands on them the whole way down and the bar was nder a fair degree of control IMO.
    making noise doesnt mean a failed lift

he kept his hands on them the whole way down and the bar was nder a fair degree of control IMO.
    making noise doesnt mean a failed lift

HAHA holy christ this made my night! lol liam i really hope you got that i was being sarcastic, i really really do!

no.
    i just thought you were being stupid

dude you gotta take the internet with a grain of salt :P

dude you gotta take the internet with a grain of salt :P

all out of salt tonight i guess.

indeed

ha, yeah, its not going to be a problem, although I did see this vid a while ago of someone getting reds for putting the bar down too fast

• Advertisement

podge57 wrote: »
    ha, yeah, its not going to be a problem, although I did see this vid a while ago of someone getting reds for putting the bar down too fast

That's an absolute disgrace.

- Really happy today with my benching today - setup was good, stayed tight, and was getting good power off my chest. Th first rep of each set was paused too. Considering my TnG PR still stands at 110kg, I am very satisified with todays work.
    - Squats were fine, just getting some added volume in, although I should have warmed up a little better

Band Pull Aparts

Bench
    20kg x 8
    20kg x 8
    60kg x 8
    75kg x 5
    90kg x 3
    105kg x 3
    105kg x 3
    105kg x 3

Squat
    60kg x 5
    100kg x 5
    150kg x 5
    150kg x 5
    150kg x 5

Floor Press
    60kg x 8
    70kg x 8
    80kg x 8
    100kg x 5

Band Pushdowns

ss with

Band Face Pulls

Heres today's vid, took forever to upload

- Today was pretty good, another squat PR. I was falling forward a little bit on them though, which I think is a combination of 2 things: now that I am not squattin 3-4x per week, I need more direct ab work, and I need to take more time to set up and get the bar in the right spot, because it was sliding a bit today. All in all, it was pretty good
    - Trying to think how I will train after the single lifts, preferably something with lots of benching and squatting, something like sheiko, but I'm not sure if I could spend that much time lifting

Standing AB Pulldown

Squat
    20kg x 6
    60kg x 5
    100kg x 3
    140kg x 3
    170kg x 2
    195kg x 3 PR
    180kg x 3
    160kg x 5

Bench
    20kg x 8
    60kg x 5
    80kg x 3
    90kg x 11

Podge Situps ;)
    30kg x 10
    35kg x 8
    35kg x 8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭brutusthebarber

Man that video is epic.. great squats.. killer music:D

Man that video is epic.. great squats.. killer music:D

Lol, thanks. I heard that song for the first time in ages last week, and remembered how brill it was

- Today was great - last heavy deadlift day before the 23rd. The 240kg is technically a joint PR, but the last time I lost my grip at lockout, and today's lift was much smoother so I'm really happy with it. Will prob open on 230, then go to 242.5, and hopefully 250
    - It was also my first time DLing without shoes, and it felt pretty good, so I think I'll stick with it. I won't have time to order DL slippers before the 23rd, but I should be able to get something similar. Wasn't the best day to start going shoeless, it was freezing and I'm only starting to get the feelng back in my toes now. Also managd to cause a mini avalanche on the roof with one of my warm up reps :D
    - Decided to do curls and pullups first, because I am always too lazy to do curls at the end, and I can't do nearly as many pullups at the end either. I made the fat grips out of those foot rest things from a decline bench which I never bothered to attatch, and theyre pretty cool

Fat Grip Curls
    25kg x 15
    35kg x 12
    35kg x 12

S/S with

Pullups

Deadlift
    60kg x 5
    100kg x 4
    140kg x 3
    180kg x 2
    200kg x 1
    230kg x 1
    240kg x 1 PR

Romanian DL
    100kg x 12
    120kg x 8
    120kg x 8

Lat Pulldown

do you have to wear deadlift slippers over deadlift socks or is it 1 or the other?,

bitchin deadlift!

do you have to wear deadlift slippers over deadlift socks or is it 1 or the other?,

bitchin deadlift!

Deadlift socks, always.

Foot covering w/ rubberised sole, always.

• Advertisement

alright, so i have to wear both?

Advertisement