Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Squats, Squats, Squats

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭podge57

Not a fan of early morning deads, but no complaints about yesterday. Both sets moved well, felt like there was plenty more there

Deadlift
    60kg x 5
    100kg x 5
    140kg x 3
    180kg x 2
    220kg x 2 x 5

Pullups
    BW x 8
    +10kg x 2 x 6
    BW x 8

BB Shrug
    100kg x 2 x 15
    110kg x 12

Lat Pulldown
    2 x 20

210 felt decent tonight, reps were slow enough, but I think its probably my heaviest set this year. Hopefully take a shot at 220x5 next week.

Squat
    60kg x 2 x 5
    100kg x 5
    140kg x 3
    180kg x 2
    210kg x 5

Wide Stance Pause Squat
    60kg x 10
    80kg x 10
    100kg x 2 x 8

Seated Press
    40kg x 10
    60kg x 3 x 10

Decline Situp
    BW x 20
    +10kg x 2 x 15

BB Curl
    40kg x 3 x 10

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Jesus.

Took a step back with my benching to try and figure out whats wrong with it. Not sure how to explain it, but when the bar gets near my chest, my shoulders rotate forward, and the weight seems to shift onto my front delts. I've no tightness in my lower body either. I'll get a vid next week.

Bench
    40kg x 8
    60kg x 8
    80kg x 5
    100kg x 7 x 5

Pullups
    BW x 3 x 8

Face Pulls
    3 x 15

Tri Extension
    3 x 20

232 x 5 was - the goal - got to 3 and pulled a muscle in my neck. The 3 reps moved well though. Didn't do much after that, just curls and abs

Deadlift
    60kg x 5
    100kg x 5
    140kg x 3
    185kg x 2
    232.5kg x 3

Ab Pulldown
    4 x 20

BB Curl
    40kg x 3 x 12

• Advertisement

Managed to hit 220x5 last night, delighted with it - a legit 10kg PR. Took forever to warm up, IT bands were killing me with 60kg, but got there in the end.

Squat
    60kg x 3 x 5
    100kg x 5
    140kg x 3
    180kg x 2
    220kg x 5

3 Count Pause Squat
    100kg x 3 x 10

Incline Bench
    60kg x 2 x 10
    80kg x 2 x 6

Decline Situp
    BW x 20
    +20kg x 2 x 10

another bench fiasco on Thursday...my attempt to stay tight resulted in a ridiculous lower back and hamstring cramp warming up with 100kg. Farted about with some assistance work after, seriously need to sort my bench out

Felt tight and stiff today, struggled to get in a good start position and get my hips down. Strength felt good though, managed 240x4, missed the 5th above my knees. Will try again next week, confident I'll get it

Deadlift
    60kg x 2 x 5
    100kg x 5
    140kg x 3
    180kg x 2
    220kg x 1
    240kg x 4

BB Row
    60kg x 10
    80kg x 10
    100kg x 2 x 8

Lat Pulldown
    3 x 20

Pullups
    2 x 8

SLKBSLDL
    24kg's x 3 x 10

BB Curl
    40kg x 3 x 10

• Registered Users Posts: 7,147 ✭✭✭COH

Sick deadlifting man - Big things on the horizon for you

COH wrote: »
    Sick deadlifting man - Big things on the horizon for you

cheers, strength seems to have skyrocketed since football finished, can't complain!

• Advertisement

Had a mild case of man flu, and my lower body was feeling the effects of last week, so no squatting. Got a solid bench session in.

Bench
    40kg x 8
    60kg x 8
    80kg x 5
    110kg x 1
    95kg x 14

2 Count CGBP
    85kg x 3 x 5

Tri Extension
    3 x 25

Pullup
    2 x 8

Lat Raise
    3 x 12

Same story with deads tonight, couldn't lock the last rep. Really couldn't have come much closer. Overall, they felt slower than last week, but technique was better. Don't want to get in the habit of missing reps, so I'll focus on volume for the next few weeks.

Deadlift
    60kg x 2 x 5
    100kg x 5
    140kg x 3
    180kg x 2
    220kg x 1
    240kg x 4

Pullup
    BW x 8
    +10kg x 2 x 6
    BW x 7

Lat Pulldown
    4 x 20

AB Pulldown
    3 x 20

Curls
    2 x 20
    1 x 12

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

**** off podge. You bollox.

Hanley wrote: »
    **** off podge. You bollox.

ha, such kind words!

now, if only I could bench....

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭fat and slow

http://youtu.be/Mril5vGPLcs great song.

keep at it

Going to work beltless again until the end of the year, definitely think it's the way to go for getting stronger overall. Then hopefully 4 weeks belted and then the IDFPA single lifts. Pain in my IT Bands seems to be getting worse when I squat, to the point where it's almost unbearable. Think it might be due to not running recently, and sitting around during the day is causing tightness. Back running tomorrow, so we'll see if it helps...

Squat
    60kg x 2 x 5
    100kg x 5
    140kg x 3
    165kg x 8 x 3

Incline Bench
    20kg x 10
    60kg x 10
    70kg x 2 x 10

Decline Situp
    +10kg x 3 x 15

BB Curl
    40kg x 3 x 10

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭dartstothesea

What does that IT band pain feel like, out of curiosity? Just a during the squat movement thing or constant? Or when you have to sit with the knees not extended or something? /all of the above

• Registered Users Posts: 24,591 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

podge57 wrote: »
    . Pain in my IT Bands seems to be getting worse when I squat, to the point where it's almost unbearable. Think it might be due to not running recently, and sitting around during the day is causing tightness. Back running tomorrow, so we'll see if it helps...

Roll the sh*t out of them. Running isn't necessarily going to make them better. It's more likely to make it worse.

Spoiler alert: It's going to hurt like hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Da Za

I'd say the idfpa single lifts will be good, serious number of lifters there and in Dublin too. If you need a hand with a lift off while benching I'll be there.

Also, beltless everything is the way to be honest.

In to week 2 of a 12 week raw beltless cycle, can't wait to see the results.

What does that IT band pain feel like, out of curiosity? Just a during the squat movement thing or constant? Or when you have to sit with the knees not extended or something? /all of the above

it's a bit of a weird one, it starts at the bottom of my hip, and when I squat down it spreads down the side of my thighs, but it feels like an outward pressure, if that makes sense?
    It's really only when I squat, although it's probably the most painful when I walk the bar in after a set. Then I'm usually pretty sore for the rest of the day
    Roll the sh*t out of them. Running isn't necessarily going to make them better. It's more likely to make it worse.

Spoiler alert: It's going to hurt like hell.

I roll every day, it doesn't seem to be doing anything. Maybe I need to man up and go at it a bit harder...it hurts a lot, but probably not enough!
    Da Za wrote: »
    I'd say the idfpa single lifts will be good, serious number of lifters there and in Dublin too. If you need a hand with a lift off while benching I'll be there.

Also, beltless everything is the way to be honest.

In to week 2 of a 12 week raw beltless cycle, can't wait to see the results.

Should be a decent comp alright, easy to get to, and I'm not sure if I'll be free to do any later on in the year. Might take you up on the offer!

Yeah, I put in about 8 weeks of beltless work, and then everything felt so much easier when I put the belt on for a few weeks.

• Advertisement

it's a bit of a weird one, it starts at the bottom of my hip, and when I squat down it spreads down the side of my thighs, but it feels like an outward pressure, if that makes sense?
    It's really only when I squat, although it's probably the most painful when I walk the bar in after a set. Then I'm usually pretty sore for the rest of the day

I roll every day, it doesn't seem to be doing anything. Maybe I need to man up and go at it a bit harder...it hurts a lot, but probably not enough!

Do you get soreness in the knees at all? If you don't then it may not be the IT band, per se. Especially not if you're rolling them every day.

It might be more that the pain is down to tightness in the hips and the pressure you put on them in a squat radiates down the leg. Do you roll in and around your hips as well?

Do you get soreness in the knees at all? If you don't then it may not be the IT band, per se. Especially not if you're rolling them every day.

It might be more that the pain is down to tightness in the hips and the pressure you put on them in a squat radiates down the leg. Do you roll in and around your hips as well?

Nope, knees are fine thankfully, they've actually never felt better.

I do roll my hips, but probably not enough...think it's time to get more aggressive with the rolling

I do roll my hips, but probably not enough...think it's time to get more aggressive with the rolling

Get a small ball in there an' all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭kevpants

*Furiously reviews Podge's log to see what the hell he's been doing with his deadlift

kevpants wrote: »
    *Furiously reviews Podge's log to see what the hell he's been doing with his deadlift

1 or 2 heavy sets of 5, increase the weight every week...that's about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭kevpants

1 or 2 heavy sets of 5, increase the weight every week...that's about it!

What supplements do you take in-between sets? Anaconda? Plazma? Other cool words?

kevpants wrote: »
    What supplements do you take in-between sets? Anaconda? Plazma? Other cool words?

Now that you mention it, I did spill a tin of varnish in my gym / shed a few weeks ago, it's like sniffing ammonia all the time

Bench
    40kg x 8
    60kg x 5
    80kg x 5
    100kg x 1
    115kg x 1
    100kg x 12

3 Count CGBP
    90kg x 4 x 3

Tri Extension
    3 x 20

Front Raise
    10kg x 3 x 15

First time doing RDLs for a while, felt pretty solid. Lifted early in the morning, and at this time of year, that means freezing cold bars.

RDL
    60kg x 2 x 5
    100kg x 5
    140kg x 3
    160kg x 3
    180kg x 10

BB Row
    60kg x 8
    80kg x 8
    90kg x 2 x 8

Pullup
    3 x 7

Lat Pulldown
    3 x 15

AB Pulldown
    3 x 20

BB Curl
    3 x 15

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

Bench
    115kg x 1
    100kg x 12

Sometimes I think back on the good old days when I used to bench more than you. Those days are long gone :pac:

Advertisement