Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Offer: Do you want to make 60sec film in exchange for time on tropical island?

Options
  • 13-01-2009 12:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭

Hi There,

I’m looking for someone to record a one minute self promotion film. The purpose is for my submission for a highly publicised job in what is essentially a paradise Island off the coast of Australia (link for details at end of this post) based on previous experience (travel/travel journalism/conservation etc) I’ve had I reckon I’m in with a fairly good chance of getting this job but since this is literally a ‘dream job’ there are going to be innumerable applications so I want to make sure that the video aspect of the submission is up to the standard of the rest of my submission (which includes my specific submission, outline, pitch – some unique selling points along – with information on previous internationally based projects and some published travel excerpts gathered into a portfolio).

So here’s what I’m after and here’s what I’m offering – in exchange for one minute of filming (you’ll need to provide the equipment and technical knowledge) I will – if I get the job – organise/pay for flights and accommodation for 3 weeks on the Island for whoever comes on board to make this a serious contender of a promo/application film.

If I don’t get the job then I’m afraid I can’t offer you anything but a pint and a thank you card ;-) So have a think about whether you can commit to it or not and if it sounds good to you let me know asap.

By the way, if you think you could have a shot at getting the job yourself – you should absolutely go for it! All the info is on the website (at the link below) but at least with this you’ll know that regardless of whether you try/succeed yourself or not you’ll have the extra possibility of getting ‘free’ time over there if I get in.

Worth a try don't you think?
    Cheers,
    C.

http://www.islandreefjob.com/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Torquil

Is this still happening PM me as I am a DP with some time on my hands!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭wylo

just wondering how you got on, I heard there down to a short list of peoole now?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Well if the OP's name is George and he's from Meath then he made it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭acontadino

lol at the chinese chap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭wylo

Fair play OP, heard you on the radio this morning, final 10!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement