Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MMA Aftershow Party 17/01/09

• 13-01-2009 12:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

The Aftershow Party that takes place on Saturday 17/01/09 in the vaults is nearly sold out. Check www.bull****-events.com

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Oh jesus. I better purchase :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

MICKL32 wrote: »
    The Aftershow Party that takes place on Saturday 17/01/09 in the vaults is nearly sold out. Check www.bullet-events.com

Not to sound like a smart ass but wasnt this nearly sold out 6 weeks ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭davmol

Not meaning to sound like a smart arse either and its prob a stupid question but it says MMA aftershow party,i would have thought they would have highlighted that its a UFC after party and promoted it a bit better.
    Obvioulsy the date etc match but anyone looking at that could think its a local MMA gathering after a competition.

Its defo the UFC afterparty yea?with all/most of the fighters going?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

davmol wrote: »
    Not meaning to sound like a smart arse either and its prob a stupid question but it says MMA aftershow party,i would have thought they would have highlighted that its a UFC after party and promoted it a bit better.
    Obvioulsy the date etc match but anyone looking at that could think its a local MMA gathering after a competition.

Its defo the UFC afterparty yea?with all/most of the fighters going?

as far as I know it's not an official UFC bash, but you might get some fighters there - i think tom egan will be there, but not sure of the others.
    in newcastle last year most of the fighters just went back to the hotel bar, there was no major session ( though i was in drunken conversation with Bruce Buffer and Herb Dean the night before ).

davmol wrote: »

UFC is a brand name as such they need permission for it's use.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

There is no official UFC after show party. This is an MMA party that will take place after the UFC 93 event. Some UFC people might show up and then again they might not. It's still a good idea and I am looking forwoard to it. There is also an after party after the weigh - ins on the Friday. (This is being done by the UFC fight club forum members. Over all it's going to be a busy weekend for me and I can't wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

Thanks for the heads up, I would have missed this otherwise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

We got our tickets, even if no UFC stars show up it will be a good end to the night..

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 317 ✭✭the deftone

Well guys what you think? Worth going to? I know fighthers wont be there but is the venue at least a good place to go for the craic?

I know fighthers wont be there but is the venue at least a good place to go for the craic?

There is a good chance some UFC fighters or UFC staff will show up to this event. But if they don't I still think it will be a good night out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭Roper

Last edited by Dragan; Yesterday at 13:26. Reason: No pimping or shilling on boards.ie this is the price you pay
    I understand you're trying to keep the board advert free, but changing the guys web address to something offensive like www.bull****events.ie is a bit extreme isn't it. Implying that "this is the price" he should pay for trying to advertise the event is also a bit godlike.

Sure he's trying to advertise but he's also putting on an Irish MMA photography display by Tommy Lakes, and promoting all the Irish gyms in the venue on the night by putting up our logos. This is an event put on by an Irish business that supports local MMA. Events being aired on Sky, put on by Zuffa, Affliction etc. etc etc. like UFC Fight Club Q&As are all fine and dandy so we can shill away there?

Folks since it can't be allowed here I'll host any discussion on this event on my website here including the contact details.

Whats the best way to get these tickets without a credit card guys?

Whats the best way to get these tickets without a credit card guys?

Bankers draft. But I think it's a bit late as it might not get to them by Sat. PM the guy who is running the show and see if you can meet him in Dublin that day and pay him then. I'm not sure if they can do this but it is worth a try plus it could be sold out by now. best of luck tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 MICKL32

Sorry guys for any offense I caused. The night is promoting MMA in Ireland nothing else, and basically to provide a venue that everyone can go back to and have a laugh without getting the Dublin Bouncer treatment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Mickk

I heard club 21 was having an aftershow party and most of the fighters were going there?

Mickk wrote: »
    I heard club 21 was having an aftershow party and most of the fighters were going there?

Where did you hear this? Think there is any truth to it?

I heard differently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Mickk

I am sponsoring Antonio Mendes and was talking to the brazilian fighters today, they all told me they are going. Bustamante, Marcos Santa Cruz and some of the other trainers are heading in there tonight aswell as tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Chris89

Bull****events.ie?

grow up dude.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭MaeveD

Here's some pics from The Vault last night:

http://entertainment.ie/caughtout/gallery.asp?ID=566

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭ginoginelli

ehh..this was the ufc after party right? so where are the ufc people??: confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭liger

Yeah, I know one of the managers in there, he told me friday the VIP area was booked for sat night. Didn't go myself and havnt had a chance to see who turned up but when i was in there friday night there was a few Brazilan lads in the Vip part.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,577 ✭✭✭Colm_OReilly

Saw Joe Rogan and Eddie Bravo in Zaytoon afterwards. They appreciate good food it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Kettle316

MMA after-party = very disappointing!!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

Kettle316 wrote: »
    MMA after-party = very disappointing!!:(

Q to the FT. Did get to meet Aisling Daly though so it was not a total loss. Apparently Hendo and his corner went to café En Seine (spelling?)

Hi,
    Think we've all learnt a lesson here, sounded dodgy and it was. 15 euro to meet Aisling Daly who has no connection to the UFC - wtf - luckily I didnt fall for it, but it should be sued for the trade descriptions act.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 317 ✭✭celt2005

Chris89 wrote: »
    Bull****events.ie?

grow up dude.

Hes the mod of the forum, the OP was advertising a nightclub, with a gimmick that had nothing to do with UFC 93 apart from cashing in on it.

Roper, theres a difference between advertising clubs / seminars etc .. and nightclubs that charge 15 EUR (REDZ was cool while it lasted)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭Roper

celt2005 wrote: »
    Hes the mod of the forum, the OP was advertising a nightclub, with a gimmick that had nothing to do with UFC 93 apart from cashing in on it.

Roper, theres a difference between advertising clubs / seminars etc .. and nightclubs that charge 15 EUR (REDZ was cool while it lasted)

I have to say, having attended the event, I would agree and I retract my original statement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

It should be noted that i should have handled the original post and simply deleted it. Instead i left it open because i figured people would have a laugh.

I shall keep my sense of humour to my "non Modding" post only from now on folks.

• Advertisement

MICKL32 wrote: »
    Sorry guys for any offense I caused. The night is promoting MMA in Ireland nothing else, and basically to provide a venue that everyone can go back to and have a laugh without getting the Dublin Bouncer treatment

With all due respect, why would you charge 15 euro into an event if all you are concerned with was promoting MMA.

Did you donate your takings to any club to improve facilities or did it all go to the Vaults takings?

My young lad and his mates paid 45 euro between them, stayed 5 mins and went without even having a drink it was so bad. Does that make you feel you have done MMA in Ireland a favour :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement