Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bought a used car - Tax and Insurance Documents

Options
  • 13-01-2009 12:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I collected my 'new' car this evening and phoned the insurance company to transfer my cover to the newer car. They said the cert will be issued in 2 working days.

Also, the car isnt taxed at the moment. I filled in the garage form for ownership of the vehicle, and the chap said he'd send it to Shannon to the motor records office. I can't tax the car until I have the ownership documents.

My question is.. What should I put on the windscreen until I get these things in the post?

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I've never put anything in the window. However, keep your insurance details (your policy number and provider etc) with you in the car at all times in case you are pulled over. I'd also keep the receipt on you too, so you can prove that you have only recently bought the car.

On one of the cars I bought, the dealer put a little card thing in where the tax disc goes that had the dealership logo and the words 'Road Tax Applied For' and the date, printed on it. While it was handy to have, I can't imagine it would make a blind bit of difference either way if I was pulled over.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

1.jpg:D

Advertisement