Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corrib Village???

Options
  • 13-01-2009 12:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Just wondering is anybody here going 2 NUIG and if so when are you gona apply for accommodation???Friends of mine have booked places already....im getting worried! I want to get into Corrib Village but iv heard mixed reviews? And I dont want 2 book it now incase i dont get offered galway, isnt it like an €800 deposit???????? I need help............Dunaras maybe?Long walk into the college tho!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 sniger

Is anybody here thinking about going there next year? And if so when are you applying? I'm still undecided??? What to do???? Dunaras maybe??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

What is this place/thing/yoke?

What is this place/thing/yoke?

It's just an area in Galway where people going to NUIG generally get accommodation.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

NUIGalway forum?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭whadabouchasir

i also want to go to NUIG but i thought that you cuoldn't put a deposit down until march. I heard its a ****hole but good craic though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 james08

Galway is alrite to get accommodation, but if you want 2 get a student village like corrib you may want to book soon... especially for first year! if you know maybe 1 or 2 more try and get a house much better...

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Dubs

galway is my 4th choice for medicine so im a little worried about putting down a deposit and getting into one of my first 3 choices and i dont want to not get into my first 3 choices, get into galway and then not have accomidation :rolleyes:

very confused as what to do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭cheekay

corrib village is soo much craic but if you want somewhere a little less of a dump and still close to college and fun id say cuirt is your best bet. Deposit is 900 and you hav to pay it like next week i think.

You could always sleep rough Galway isn't nearly as dirty as Dublin and it's much more cultured too.

• Advertisement

That's not exactly relevant to the OP's question, is it? Stop trying to start a flamewar - you'll just end up getting yourself banned.

I believe I answered the op's question in a previous post. Also I heard that there are very few places to be gotten after march although if you gaet over 560 in the leaving then you get preference with campus accomadation

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Go to UL myself and i'm a 1st year, if any of ya know UL and plassey student village well its like a 5 star hotel compared to corrib village. I'm saying this from me going to house parties in corrib village with mates who go to NUIG.

In saying this like plassey, corrib village might be one of the better options for 1st year as it will be mostly full of 1st years and well it is good fun.

Of course if your like me and like your comfort then you should probably stay away. Go there for house parties but don't live there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

Dubs wrote: »
    galway is my 4th choice for medicine so im a little worried about putting down a deposit and getting into one of my first 3 choices and i dont want to not get into my first 3 choices, get into galway and then not have accomidation :rolleyes:

very confused as what to do

Ye it's my 2nd choice and supposedly you only get 700 back out of 800 if u don't go. I think that's the case anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 -Quinn-09-

im repeating the leaving cert and i was n corrib village at my mates place....... ya its a state of a place but the craic is spose 2 b unreal

and wat more do yu want n first year:D

Advertisement