Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deansgrange? Nice area?

Options
  • 13-01-2009 12:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭

Anyone know anything about Deansgrange?

Im going to look at property to buy there soon.

If you could compare it with somewhere on the North side of Dublin what would it be comparable with?

thanks

[snarky comments need not apply]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,392 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Its nice enough. I'm sure individual areas have their issues, but none that I've heard of.

One good rule is to go around on Friday or Saturday night at about 9pm ans see what its like then.
    macy9 wrote: »
    If you could compare it with somewhere on the North side of Dublin what would it be comparable with?
    Nicer parts of Griffith Avenue, Sutton, Howth Road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Considering it's next to Foxrock and Blackrock, it's a good place to live.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭whizzbang

I walk around there a lot, nice spot, fairly quiet. A few shops located near by. May be a bit boring as an area, but that might be just what you want!

Traffic may be a bit annoying in rush hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,650 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Also take a look at surrounding area's such as Killiney, Monkstown and Cabinteely. Some area's are old council estates, but well established and would be second/third generation by now, generally a very safe area, with some very good schools close by, though traffic can be bad. Ballybrack has a lot cheaper prices, but was predominantly council (nestled between Killiney and Cabinteely), there's been a lot of work done to improve it over the last 20 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 686 ✭✭✭bangersandmash

Decent area if a little unremarkable. But that's not necessarily a bad thing, especially if you're looking for somewhere quiet and/or a family home. Some parts are nicer than others, the closer to Blackrock the better imho.
    Victor wrote: »
    Nicer parts of Griffith Avenue, Sutton, Howth Road.
    Really not sure about it having much in common with the nicer parts of those areas. But on average I'd say a comparison to Marino or Killester would be fair. I'd also have to say that Deansgrange would be comparatively more expensive (to buy or rent) than comparable areas on the Northside, but that's not something unique to the area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭jackal

Grew up there. Its fine as an area very safe. Close to a lot of nice places. Traffic is heavy at rush hours, but fine otherwise. Pleasant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭macy9

Thanks for replying all. It definitely sounds like a nice place!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,997 ✭✭✭3DataModem

macy9 wrote: »
    Thanks for replying all. It definitely sounds like a nice place!

Yep lovely spot, obviously depends exactly where. I'd equate it in niceness to somewhere like Killester on the NS.

Advertisement