Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ooh Aah Just that little bit more

• 13-01-2009 12:52am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭

Hmmmph.

I got Call of duty 4 today,

it is incredible, I am blown away by the detail, the atmosphere and the fucking graphics.

I was really looking forward to playing the main mission mode co-op,
    and was quiet pissed of realise that it could not be done

we then resigned to playing it online only to realise that that could not be done split-screen either.

Why? can I ask,

if halo can do it why can't this game,

Why are games not going that little bit further to make them great?
    Why for example can I not play two player Pro Ev online either, or figure out how to play fable2 online?

Just a little bit, a little bit more
    Just a little bit, whoo-o-whoo-o-whoo-oo

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

I do jogging on the spot to that song, in between yoga on the Wii fit .:)

Games are like anything else - there's no such thing as the "prefect" one.

Developers may decide to leave out elements that could have been put in to improve on the stuff they did do.

E.g they have a limited number of resources (staff, cash, etc.) and a deadline. Now they can either stretch themselves thin by cramming in too much to a game, or they can focus on what they consider would make the game great.

Personally I'd rather a game doesn't feature everything but is great in what it does do (e.g Oblivion, I'd love to have seen that online, but understand why it's not), than a game bugged to hell or simply not good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

I would have loved coop on COD4 as I do enjoy a good coop like on Halo, Gears or Rainbow. The coop on CoDWaW doesnt do it either as its more like a meta scoring game on Halo and doesnt flow like a single player campaign.

Finger crossed Infinity Ward include a proper coop for CoDMW2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

I haven't played this in a while - I completed it shortly after release -
    but I'm pretty sure it'll let you play co-op split screen. Pity it's not
    available online. I seem to recall Ghillies in the Mist was great split screen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

I seem to recall Ghillies in the Mist was great split screen.

That's some sense of recall you have. COD4 doesn't have co-op.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

silvine wrote: »
    That's some sense of recall you have. COD4 doesn't have co-op.

Cojones, I did say it was a while since I played! I knew there was no online co-op as I remember thinking it was a big pity. It must have been
    split screen multiplayer I had on. (Ghillies in the mist is still one of the best levels in any game ;) )

Advertisement