Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Declaring a change of engine?

Options
  • 13-01-2009 1:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭

Hey people.

Just looking for some advise on the above.

Had a Cyborg ZR with the mivec engine in it, and converted it over to a GSR.

Just wondering when I ring Quinn, what will they be looking for & what type of problems I might run into.

Also same with the tax, what will they be looking for?

Will the car have to sit the NCT again?

Heard something about an engineers report, where can I get this done. Just want to be legal on the road!

:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

quinn will look for an engineers report to see that the work carried out in the engine transplant is safe and to a high enough standard, you can get an engineers report from any SIMI registered mechanic.

you will have to fill out a form in the tax office declaring the change of engine and will then have to pay the tax for the new band of tax your in, not sure if the transplant invalidates your nct or not, i'd imagine it would though

Advertisement