Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What would you change?

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

gobo99 wrote: »
    it does, iv missed the green lights there several times because he's been leaned over the bonnet of one of the cars in front of me. Hes persistent I'll give him that.

He ignored me despite waving, telling him no and then and putting up my windows to ignore him. I gave him a few quid but he wasn't insistent on being paid and didn't ask for any specific amount.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭alpha2zulu

A Starbucks would be awesome alright.....

No , make it a Pret A Manger cafe. Great coffee, great fresh sandwiches and rolls. It's always my stop for lunch when im in the UK.:D

I'd also love for something to be done with the train station exit. Sometimes I feel that I've got less chance of having an accident if I drive to Kilkenny/Dublin because I dont have to play russian roulette getting out on to the roundabout after coming in on the train.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Bring back the Tramore Train, would be great espcially in the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

a 20 euro note into two tens.

Oh wait wrong thread.

yes i too like pret,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

HMV

A decent public transport system

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

agreed on HMV. Golden Discs and BPM combined wouldn't be the size of HMV's staff toilet. And we're supposed to be a city?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

less dog crap on the streets ,see it everywhere,feckin ignorant owners just standin there leavin em take a ****e n not cleanin up ,they should carry a plastic bag with them everytime they bring their dog for a walk,and more public bins around waterford,there seems to b fcuk all places to throw an empty bottle,wrapper etc into

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

anplaya wrote: »
    less dog crap on the streets ,see it everywhere,feckin ignorant owners just standin there leavin em take a ****e n not cleanin up ,they should carry a plastic bag with them everytime they bring their dog for a walk,and more public bins around waterford,there seems to b fcuk all places to throw an empty bottle,wrapper etc into

agreed, Barracks street is especially bad for dog ****, ditto slievekeale, morrisons road etc.

About the shops being mentioned on this....they're all multi-nationals. I know they're good in their own way but every town/city centre in Ireland and the Uk is turning into the same homogenised looking high streets. It would be great if we had someone in this city with vision who could promote local businesses that could provide similar high quality services.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Commercial art-house cinema for the whole South East region.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

gobo99 wrote: »
    maybe a bit over the top. he means well i suppose.

he's always at the lights near WIT Collage st campus. Bath Street its called I think. Looks like one of those Romanian gypsies. It gets a bit annoying when you have to pass his a few times a day, he never seems to get the message.

I actually avoid driving up that area because of him hes so annoying. One of these days im gonna muscle in on his business to piss him off by working at the same trafic lights.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

i'd change 2 things

firstly i would put the biggest muitlstory possible behind argos and the old cinema with free parking for 3 hours, they even have that in Midleton!! not talkin it down caus its a lovely town and when i was down there it was really busy in the centre.

I would agree with sully and put some cafes and things in the square in town and i would also get some traditional shops in there too, like a bakers and a good fruit and veg shop! And get rid of all these FU&$@!£ mobile phone shops! there the ruination of citys and anyone with sence jsut gets phones over the internet now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Multivan

Sully wrote: »
    Following on from the last topic about changing different traffic areas in the City (see here) - is there anything you would change in Waterford if you could?

Just a few of my suggestions..

I would like to see more investment in the city center to clean the place up and make it a more enjoyable place to be in. Id love to see some law in place that required shop owners to have decent shop fronts rather then some of the old run down shop fronts around the City. One building in particular that sticks out to have not changed much is the 3g store beside Supermacs.

I am delighted that the new shopping center is getting the go ahead and will bring much needed life into the the center of town hopefully helping the smaller businesses which have been suffering due to recession and people taking their business outside of Waterford.

I think that more Cafes should open with outdoor seating for when we have decent weather. Markets like we had a few months back at the side of Super Macs add a great buzz.

Some sort of incentive offered to businesses to open up decent stores, even Cafes, in some of the unused buildings around the town.

Finally, for the love of god get rid of that horrible piece of junk outside Sam McCauleys. What a waste of money.

Theres a shop in Town down near Guinneys direction that sells alcohol i hope to god that that shop never changes, its nice to see how it hasnt changed and holds some character of a time that has long gone but its still timeless, but i do agree with you about the 3G shop.

The most horrible thing i have to say about Waterford is the amount of dirt in the place the amount of dumping is shocking and i think its a window into the mentality of the people we live with here in Waterford, people who dont give a F~~~~.

This problem has led me to take pictures and email to Minister John Gormley, I dont believe in complaining about something and not doing anything about it.

In particular Kilbarry and near the dump people just throw waste at the side of the road, you should be very ashamed of yourself living like rats those of you who do that of course.

Oh and the roads are very poor very very poor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

Something else I've always wanted to see in Waterford is a cinema dedicated to showing classic movies at decent prices.

Imagine there's nothing but ****e on in the regular cinema, but the classic cinema is showing something like Star Wars, Rocky, The Sound of Music, Shawshank, Independence Day, Superman or whatever. All with the latest advances in screen and sound. I've always regretted not seeing certain movies in the cinema (saw Independence Day on TV first), so the chance to watch it again on the big screen would appeal to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭well butty

I would suggest that the Waterford City Planning Department be overhauled with people who genuinely care about the development of our city and not their carreers.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

well butty wrote: »
    I would suggest that the Waterford City Planning Department be overhauled with people who genuinely care about the development of our city and not their carreers.

Or local politics!

Advertisement