Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Pulled over on the N7

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

KoRn101 wrote: »
    I had a small bit of sympathy for ottostreet at first as when reading it my eyes were straining so i didnt get the full story but i imagined it as something minor, However..

When an absolute fool is driving this http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=58395985#post58395985
    Well basically your just a dirty chav and well i hope the gards pull you over for everything you do because from prior posts and the 16 year old fantasy "boy racer" you think ya are! You're a terrible driver from the sounds of it and to be honest i think you're just one of these drivers who think they're victimised by the gards.

I reccomend you grow up, and get a half way respectable car. Draws less attention.

:rolleyes:

you haven't really read this, have you?
    I have a heavy right foot, i acknowledge that, and restrain myself most of the time. However, on occasion, i have been caught out.

Now, stop being an idiot, and develop some manners. And also, try to learn what defines a chav, since you clearly don't have a clue.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭KoRn101

ottostreet wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

you haven't really read this, have you?
    I have a heavy right foot, i acknowledge that, and restrain myself most of the time. However, on occasion, i have been caught out.

Now, stop being an idiot, and develop some manners. And also, try to learn what defines a chav, since you clearly don't have a clue.

Ah no i didnt mean ta be so offensive directly! Just i mean, come on, accept it, from what ya have said anyway it sounds a little dodgey to me!

I mean anyone with any sense knows, you dont do sloppy things around TC, and come on, could you HAVE a more conspicuous car ?? :)

Nice as it may look, when you're in a car of such caliber, you should esspecially be on your best behavior !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Nice as it may look, when you're in a car of such caliber

haha... funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭KoRn101

haha... funny.

Bear with me magic, im trying to be serious! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

I wont even pass out a mondeo and/or break the speed around one without making sure its not an unmarked car(I find them very easy to spot). What possessed you op, right in front of a marked patrol car.

Me neither. Wonder do civilian Mondeo drivers notice the very cagey and reserved driving that must go on around them. Except the OP of course..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

tossy wrote: »
    oh no here we go again!

i was speeding
    i got caught.
    what gives them the right to catch me!

take the points like a man!

Post of the year, so far?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

Matt Simis wrote: »
    Me neither. Wonder do civilian Mondeo drivers notice the very cagey and reserved driving that must go on around them. Except the OP of course..

Used to work for a car rental company. Had to drive a car up to head office in dublin that was going off the fleet. Everyone was getting out of my way, which i thought was great. then i remembered that the car was a navy mondeo with a dublin reg, load of bumps and scrapes from all the yanks driving and with only 2 hubcaps. That, and i was wearing a blue shirt.
    Shortest trip I've ever had up to dublin.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

I had a small bit of sympathy for ottostreet at first as when reading it my eyes were straining so i didnt get the full story but i imagined it as something minor, However..

When an absolute fool is driving this http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=58395985#post58395985
    Well basically your just a dirty chav and well i hope the gards pull you over for everything you do because from prior posts and the 16 year old fantasy "boy racer" you think ya are! You're a terrible driver from the sounds of it and to be honest i think you're just one of these drivers who think they're victimised by the gards.

I reccomend you grow up, and get a half way respectable car. Draws less attention.

Is that a spurious M badge I spot in the second pic?*

*My bad if it isn't, but it certainly looks like it with my crappy eyesight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Honey-ec wrote: »
    Is that a spurious M badge I spot in the second pic?*

*My bad if it isn't, but it certainly looks like it with my crappy eyesight

M Power badge it is.

in fairness to the OP, he did tell me he was going to remove that ages ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

TheNog wrote: »
    I have seen many people swerving on the road and stopped them. Usually to see if they have been drinking and some havent, some have. For those who havent been drinking I tell them what I saw and ask them to pay a little more attention to their driving and thats it. Its all about keeping people out of harms way and not all about prosecuting them.

Maybe in your case you could learn from it rather than taking offence to it and I say maybe cos I wasnt there.

Perhaps, but his tone was very condensending at the time. Apart from that Ive had no major issues with the guards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭deadwood

ottostreet wrote: »
    i'm sure some people will say "but what if a child ran out in front of you", well, what the hell is a child doing running across a three lane road at 10 at night?
    Isn't that exactly the point?

You don't know what might happen around you.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Codofwar

Looking back on it all op do you not really think it foolish in the first place to be vering in and out of lanes albeit safely in front of the tc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

Matt Simis wrote: »

Yip, the amount of other cars that pull over and let you pass is great. Even wiht the baby on board sign they still think my yoke is a garda car, it's a 2006 silver h/back. I have even managed to stop the odd road rage or two :D

Advertisement