Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Record number of patients on trolleys in Drogheda

Options
  • 13-01-2009 5:44am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭

Monday January 12 2009
    The Irish Nurses Organisation says that the number of patients on trolleys at Our Lady of Lourdes Hospital in Drogheda has reached a record high.
    The INO claims that 40 people are waiting for in-patient beds, 15 of whom have been on trolleys since Friday night.
    The patients are being cared for in the Emergency Department, Out-patients Department and in corridors.
    The INO also says that ambulances are being delayed at the hospital due to a shortage of trolleys.

http://www.independent.ie/breaking-news/national-news/ino-record-number-of-patients-on-trolleys-in-drogheda-1599436.html

Next time you see Harney and/or a member of Fianna Fail in Drogheda, don't forget to say thanks!

:mad::mad::mad:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

I will, I'll thank Dermot too. An utter disgrace, they should hang their heads in shame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

The biggest joke is that services were closed in the other notheast hospitals over the years and transferred to OLOH, and the latest intention is to close A+E's in the region and transfer them to OLOH too! How hilarious ;)!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭DundalkDuffman

Meanwhile the Louth County had 18 empty beds and was in the midst of the winter vomiting bug.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭Phototoxin

Its a farking joke. March on Leinster House I say !! *grabs pitchfork*

Advertisement