Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeating in summer

Options
  • 13-01-2009 6:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭

Im thinking of repeating irish in the summer,im finished school 3 years now, i think i have to apply before feb 1st.
    what i want to know is, if i fail, does it effect my previous lc results?
    i passed ordinary level irish before, but i might fail honours this time around.
    when is the oral exam, and where would i be doing this? can i repeat it AGAIN next year lets say, if i do fail it?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,228 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Firstly, you contact the State Examinations Commission and apply to sit it. You can apply online here:
    https://www.examinations.ie/index.php?l=en&mc=ca&sc=ca

The closing date is the 30th January - after that there is a late fee.

Whatever result you get will have no effect on your previous results unless you want to tell someone about it. Nothing changes your original results.

The oral exam will be in the centre assigned to you, unless you have arranged with a local school of choice to sit it in one of their centres.

From what I remember the orals are usually in April. Don't take that as gospel though. You can repeat as many times as you like.

Advertisement