Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pro-Palestinian Protests in Denmark

Options
  • 13-01-2009 7:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭

Heres a vid I came across on Youtube, of a protest in Copenhagen. Seemingly theres many more like this.

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=LXpogjA0FQw

I don't really have any opinion on the current conflict in Gaza, but I'm outraged that Denmark allows this sort of stuff in their own capital. Where are the Muslims protesting things like this?
    Political correctness gone utterly wrong again I think.
    I'm curious to see how the PC-leftists will try to explain this one.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

You're outraged that people are allowed to protest ?
    What next ? Free elections ?
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

diddley wrote: »

It's a clenched fist salute, associated with a number of groups on the left.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,791 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Silly fools, Hitler would have them in the oven straight after the Jews.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

Another propaganda tool..........

If your taken in by that site I pity you

Another little gem from that site
    International critics of Israel may be looking to craft balanced statements that spread the blame for the present conflict to both sides. But they would be better served if they did not engage in this artificial exercise, and clearly distinguish the side that is the aggressor in this conflict—Hamas—and the side that is trying to defeat the aggression—Israel.
    The charge that Israel uses disproportionate force keeps resurfacing whenever it has to defend its citizens from non-state terrorist organizations and the rocket attacks they perpetrate. From a purely legal perspective, Israel's current military actions in Gaza are on solid ground
    Laughable

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

mike65 wrote: »
    Silly fools, Hitler would have them in the oven straight after the Jews.

Eh really? Not very likely IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Danuogma

diddley wrote: »
    Heres a vid I came across on Youtube, of a protest in Copenhagen. Seemingly theres many more like this.

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=LXpogjA0FQw

I don't really have any opinion on the current conflict in Gaza, but I'm outraged that Denmark allows this sort of stuff in their own capital. Where are the Muslims protesting things like this?

The lunatic fringe comes out and uses the slaughter in Gaza as an excuse to push their own brand of irrational hatred, I am not surprised tbh.
    Should they be dragged away in paddy wagons?, no, that would be counterproductive, it would only put more wind in their sails. Are they representative of the type of people who are genuinely protesting against the slaughter in Gaza?, no they are not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭IRISH RAIL

Laughable

yep cause those viseos were staged and taken out of context hamas are peace loving people everyone knows that fact :rolleyes:

IRISH RAIL wrote: »
    yep cause those viseos were staged and taken out of context hamas are peace loving people everyone knows that fact :rolleyes:

How many people were in the video giving nazi salutes? 50? less?. Compare that to the hundreds of thousands all over the world that have come out to protest Israels pogrom in Gaza that don't go around giving nazi salutes. It is easy to see why some people would latch on to a video of a handful of fringe, rent-a-crowd idiots giving nazi salutes and try to portray it as if that kind of behavior is the kind of thing that most people who oppose Israels genocidal invasion engage in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭IRISH RAIL

Danuogma wrote: »
    How many people were in the video giving nazi salutes? 50? less?. Compare that to the hundreds of thousands all over the world that have come out to protest Israels pogrom in Gaza that don't go around giving nazi salutes. It is easy to see why some people would latch on to a video of a handful of fringe, rent-a-crowd idiots giving nazi salutes and try to portray it as if that kind of behavior is the kind of thing that most people who oppose Israels genocidal invasion engage in.

ah yes 50 less you forgot the other marches and other protesters around the world aswell
    Many residents in tranquil Ft. Lauderdale were shocked last week to see 200 to 300 rowdy Hamas supporters assembled downtown screaming for Jews to “go back to the Ovens.”
    http://www.thecuttingedgenews.com/index.php?article=1030&pageid=44&pagename=Slices

did you read that ? theres many more just like it.

• Advertisement

IRISH RAIL wrote: »
    ah yes 50 less you forgot the other marches and other protesters around the world aswell
    Many residents in tranquil Ft. Lauderdale were shocked last week to see 200 to 300 rowdy Hamas supporters assembled downtown screaming for Jews to “go back to the Ovens.”
    http://www.thecuttingedgenews.com/index.php?article=1030&pageid=44&pagename=Slices

did you read that ? theres many more just like it.

More of the same, you are trying to talk up that behavior as if it was the norm.
    There are literally hundreds of videos on youtube and elsewhere that show THOUSANDS of people protesting that don't engage in such behaviour (nazi salutes, saying "go back to the ovens" etc). Of course you ignore all that and go on a quest to find a few isolated incidents that support your particular world view. What you are trying to do is paint with a broad brush anyone and everyone who protests against Israels abhorrent actions as anti-semites.

Laughable

Yeah, I have to agree. I checked out that website, it is quite clear that their agenda is to present a very one sided and unbalanced version of events.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭The Saint

The behaviour of a minority of supporters does not invalidate the general arguement being made. Lunatics can be found in every cause. This thread is pointless and should be closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

Maybe........just maybe, those people are protesting becaause all all the innocent palastinian civilians including little children who havnt even started there lives are being killed.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭diddley

stevoman wrote: »
    Maybe........just maybe, those people are protesting becaause all all the innocent palastinian civilians including little children who havnt even started there lives are being killed.

Actually I already stated I haven't got an opinion of the current conflict. Did you even watch the video?
    My gripe was with the chants of "Down with Democracy" and "Down with Denmark".

Advertisement