Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recruitment Firms In Galway

Options
  • 13-01-2009 8:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭

Hey, Looking to move back to Galway. Can anyone give me details on any recruitment firms that are in the city. IT specifically. I know where CPL are located,

Any others?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Ice Recruitment on Father Griffin Rd deals mainly with IT recruitment.

Here is a link to a list of the other recruitment agencies in Galway:

http://www.goldenpages.ie/category_Employment+Agencies_Other-Galway-Locations-1.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭sgthighway

Best of Luck. There doesn't seem to be many IT jobs about in Galway. I know a few very experienced IT people in Galway who have been made reduntant and cannot get work in Galway. They live in Galway and have families and at least one of them is considering emigrating to Oz.
    One word of advise is to get a straight up answer from any Recruitment Agencies on the question; Is there any jobs out there?
    A lot of these companies have fake jobs advertised just to give the impression that they are busy and hence waste your time. I know of two companies in Galway that are advertising an IT job in my company that was filled 2 months ago.

Just a word of warning.

Galway recruitment agency's are very bad for advertising jobs that dont exist, have been filled or require more/different experience than they say in the advertisement.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Just a word of warning.

Galway recruitment agency's are very bad for advertising jobs that dont exist, have been filled or require more/different experience than they say in the advertisement.

We were talkin about this 5 mins ago in college - Feckin baxtards!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Just a word of warning.

Same could be true of recruitment agencies nationwide. I do remember raising an eyebrow when one lot were insisting on people having 3+ years experience in a 1 year old technology.

• Advertisement

Robbo wrote: »
    Same could be true of recruitment agencies nationwide.

I would imagine the problem is not confined to Galway alright but I have only had experience with agency's in Galway. I have had some dealings with agency's in London though and although they cannot really be trusted they usually have the jobs advertised and in fairness they got me a few interviews when my CV was close enough to what the company was looking for. Compare this with Galway were you ring up about a graduate job advertised on the net and they say " You need 3 years experience for this role", but its advertised as a graduate role, " Yeah but you need 3 years experience", Feck off!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,957 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Robbo wrote: »
    Same could be true of recruitment agencies nationwide.

It's a worldwide problem.

Most pronounced in smaller cities, or in times when there are very few vacancies.

OP, as others have said, there are not a lot of jobs out there. There are several thousand assembly workers being let go in Limerick. Many multi-national firms put hiring freezes in place in October/November, and few have been lifted. Good luck.

Advertisement