Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ticket Prices/Airlines

Options
  • 13-01-2009 9:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭

Hi,

Looking to book flights to Aus for November of next year, etihad have a sale on at the moment and flights from Dub via Abudabi are around €1150 return.

Would now be a good time to book? or will the drop in oil prices start to filter through to ticket prices later this year?

Also, I have heard etihad are good in terms of service, legroom and entertainment. Anyone have any experience with them?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

far2gud wrote: »
    Hi,

Looking to book flights to Aus for November of next year, etihad have a sale on at the moment and flights from Dub via Abudabi are around €1150 return.

Would now be a good time to book? or will the drop in oil prices start to filter through to ticket prices later this year?

Also, I have heard etihad are good in terms of service, legroom and entertainment. Anyone have any experience with them?

Thanks

If it helps, I've only heard good things about Etihad and $1150 seems like a good enough price. From research it does seem the cheapest way. It cost me €900 one way to NZ with Qantas and that was considered a cheap fare at the time.

Hopefully somone who has actually flown with them will be able to tell you about the service.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Ozeire

Singapore Airlines

Is doing a good deal to at around the same price €1150 only thing is with Sinaporeair you get to fly in the all new A380

Trust me when i tell you this is the way to fly. You get more comfort and leg room in Economy . 11 - 14 hrs on a plane this can really be a help.

When you say
    Looking to book flights to Aus for November of next year,
    do you mean Nov 2009 or 2010?

Nearly all of the Airlines will only let you book flights within 365 days from now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭trailerparkboy

The cheapest is AsiaAir you can fly to Aus for 450 euro and fly back for 300 euro.

Has anyone flown AsiaAir what are they like? Cheapest isn't always best option when you'll be on the plane for such a long time.

Ok if it’s the first time you've done it you mightn't mind. As its all an adventure and any where you can save money.

But after you do it a few times you go more for comfort than really cheap price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭far2gud

Ozeire wrote: »
    Singapore Airlines

Is doing a good deal to at around the same price €1150 only thing is with Sinaporeair you get to fly in the all new A380

Trust me when i tell you this is the way to fly. You get more comfort and leg room in Economy . 11 - 14 hrs on a plane this can really be a help.

When you say do you mean Nov 2009 or 2010?

Nearly all of the Airlines will only let you book flights within 365 days from now.

Thanks for the replys, meant Nov 2009. Singapore airlines seem to add in an extra stop in Amsterdam when I try to book through the site, the flight is long enough without an extra stopover.

Looks like I will be going with ethihad, had a look at the Air Asia option but just seems to messy.

Cheers

• Advertisement

Trust me far2gud the more stops the better . After 14 hours on a plane you'll wish you had done a few stops .

I just tried Singapore Airlines and they do direct flights to Melbourne

[IMG]http://www.pictures.ozeire.org/Sing Flight.JPG[/IMG]

Same seems to be true of flights to Sydney

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭far2gud

Found this price comparison website, priced flight from Dublin to Sydney via London with quantas for €850.

**Just noticed its 2 stop though, via singapore**

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

From what ive heard airasia are meant to be good( ill be flying alot with them over the next few weeks so ill tell you how i got on) they are by far the cheapest but you will have to reclaim your baggage at every airport(meaning stansted and kl) and check in again.

If you book early enough and pay a small premium you can choose your seat which is half the battle in a long hauler.

Advertisement