Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL/UPC Broadband availability in Dublin 20?

Options
  • 13-01-2009 9:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Does anyone in Dublin 20 have broadband supplied by NTL/UPC ? I'm currently on 3mb BT package which isn't going to be upgraded anytime soon :o

I've checked my home on the NTL/UPC site and it says I'm able to get the 20mb package, however when I ring I'm told its not available. I ask when will it be available and they promise to ring me back (they never do)

I'm basically curious to find out what needs to be done in the area to get it ? or does anyone know of a schedule of when it will be available in the area ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Ravenholm

ondafly wrote: »
    Hi All,

Does anyone in Dublin 20 have broadband supplied by NTL/UPC ? I'm currently on 3mb BT package which isn't going to be upgraded anytime soon :o

I've checked my home on the NTL/UPC site and it says I'm able to get the 20mb package, however when I ring I'm told its not available. I ask when will it be available and they promise to ring me back (they never do)

I'm basically curious to find out what needs to be done in the area to get it ? or does anyone know of a schedule of when it will be available in the area ?

Thanks

Hi,

What part of Dublin 20? Is it Chapelizod or Palmerstown?
    I live in Palmerstown and I am on the 20mb package from UPC.
    Don't think its available in Chapelizod yet but UPC say it will be in early 2009

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭ondafly

I'm living in Chapelizod alright. I guess I'll just keep ringing them.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

ondafly wrote: »
    I'm living in Chapelizod alright. I guess I'll just keep ringing them.

The site definitely is unreliable in terms of availability. UPC themselves are unreliable in terms of the availability of bb!!! Not long ago on here there were reports of them writing to a 'potential' customer offering bb and when the potential attempted to sign up they were told it was unavailable!

They have long had a policy of not giving any indication (for commercial reasons apparently) of when bb will be available so patience is the required virtue.

Advertisement