Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Water Leak in Audi A4

Options
  • 13-01-2009 10:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hi Folks,

I got in my car this morning, (03, Audi A4) and I noticed a small drops of water on my dash board, then after investigation, i noticed that a small area around my sun visor on the drivers side was damp and also around the centre light.

Any ideas how I could sort this? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I take it the car has a sunroof? I'd start by checking the drain channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 kingking85

No, the car doesnt have a sunroof!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

have you replaced the windscreen recently ?

Or is there any kind of an ariel or other potential leak source at the front of the roof?

No, none of the above at all!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

Door seals ? The only other thing I could think of is that if the pollen filter is clogged up, it can sometimes cause condensation in the car

Sounds like a bit too much for condensation, unless all the windows were wet on the inside too? I'm running out of ideas myself, other than to question the sealing at the top of the windscreen?

I had the car serviced in December and all filters were changed and im sure the pollen filter was either changed or cleaned.

There wasnt any condensation on the inside of the car, im thinking it could be the seal at the top of the windscreen but this seems secure

Advertisement