Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Avoid the Clampers

Options
  • 13-01-2009 10:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 24,511 ✭✭✭✭

From todays Indo
    THE capital's meanest streets, for motorists at least, were revealed yesterday.

Car owners eager to steer clear of the clampers should take heed as Dublin City Council has unveiled the top 10 clamping hotspots for 2008.

Shelbourne Road topped the list for the first time of the streets which come to the unwelcome attention of the clampers.

Drivers eager to avoid the €80 clamping fee should avoid several locations, including North Great Georges Street, Parnell Street, and close to the main thoroughfare O'Connell Street and Henry Street.

A number of the targeted areas on the southside include Noel Purcell Walk, Ranelagh, Clarendon Street, South Circular Road and Waterloo Road.

Dublin City Council amassed €4.69m in clamping fees in 2008 to release vehicles.

:rolleyes:

Or should just park properly:pac:

Another wonderful piece of journalism
    Thats 58,625 cars clamped though not a bad number for the year

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

Or another option register your car to your employer (certain employer) and avoid road tax and park it wherever your feel like it and nobody will touch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,992 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Tipsy Mac wrote: »
    Or another option register your car to your employer (certain employer) and avoid road tax and park it wherever your feel like it and nobody will touch it.

Does any employer work or do I need to change jobs?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Del2005 wrote: »
    Does any employer work or do I need to change jobs?
    I'm afraid it has to be that certain employer.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Clamping, biggest scam ever! Hmmm reminds me i got to send my letter of appeal, might get my 120euro back...

• Registered Users Posts: 25 DiamondC

Should do like the French. If you see a clamped auto, fill the barrel of the lock with superglue... Clampers gave up shortly thereafter owing to expense of replacing equipment... Allez les bleus...

• Advertisement

DiamondC wrote: »
    Should do like the French. If you see a clamped auto, fill the barrel of the lock with superglue... Clampers gave up shortly thereafter owing to expense of replacing equipment... Allez les bleus...
    Yeah, and we all go back to the good old days of never being to find an on-street parking space in the city centre. Dead clever.

Mmmm, sorry, clampers are excellent. Pillars of society. So fair and impartial. There should be more of them. Actually, come to think of it, towing would brilliant as well. If I had the option, I would vote for Clampers to be used nationwide, in every town and village.... :D Let's have a referendum. I'll bet everybody would love more clamping.

DiamondC wrote: »
    Mmmm, sorry, clampers are excellent. Pillars of society. So fair and impartial. There should be more of them. Actually, come to think of it, towing would brilliant as well. If I had the option, I would vote for Clampers to be used nationwide, in every town and village.... :D Let's have a referendum. I'll bet everybody would love more clamping.
    Why don't you stop whining and try parking legally? Believe it or not it actually works.

Say it ain't so... Legal parking works..? I'd never have known. Appreciate your advice. Am not whining, merely posting on an opinion....

Advertisement