Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Sony DAV DZ260 Home Cinema - getting the surround sound from TV?

• 13-01-2009 10:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭

Hi folks,

I have recently purchased the excellent Sony DAV DZ260 but I can not get the surround sound to work from the television.

My TV is the Samsung LCD 32" 456 and I onlt have the basic NTL analogue cable (18 channels- no box or anything) and I have tried everything to make the SS work. I currently have the Sony connected to the Samsung with a HDMI cable and my dvd set-up is perfect. Would I need another cable to get the SS to work for the TV...an optical cable?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭ciscokidder

Is there a function button on it and if so can you select "tv" and see if the sound comes out. You might indeed need another cable but with previous DAVs you could use the single scart for video and audio in both directions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 WarrenB

Hi folks,

I have recently purchased the excellent Sony DAV DZ260 but I can not get the surround sound to work from the television.

My TV is the Samsung LCD 32" 456 and I onlt have the basic NTL analogue cable (18 channels- no box or anything) and I have tried everything to make the SS work. I currently have the Sony connected to the Samsung with a HDMI cable and my dvd set-up is perfect. Would I need another cable to get the SS to work for the TV...an optical cable?

Thanks in advance

I had the same problem. I solved it by leaving the HDMI connected and also connecting a scart lead from the TV to the DVD player. Then use the function key on the remote to select TV sound. It works fine now.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Lester Freamon

WarrenB wrote: »
    I had the same problem. I solved it by leaving the HDMI connected and also connecting a scart lead from the TV to the DVD player. Then use the function key on the remote to select TV sound. It works fine now.

Thanks Warren,

Yeah I have being trying the TV option using the function button on the remote but all I get is the Sony Home Theatre intro screen and nothing else.

I'll give the scart option a go. Cheers

Advertisement