Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Quote me please?

• 13-01-2009 10:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys,
    I'm wondering if you could give me a helping hand as to prices/ a rough guide. I've been asked to take various pictures for a large company. Abstract, customer shots, product shots etc.

Full use and copyright will be given with the finished images.

Do you charge per image/per hour?

What else do you usually factor into the price? Eg Travelling costs, waking up early ;), gear...

In general, how do you go about pricing your projects/shoots?

Thanks for taking the time!
    Kyle

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Anouilh

You may find it difficult to get people to discuss finances in a public forum, Kyle.

However, this is a useful group and posting there might get some response:

http://www.flickr.com/groups/procorner/discuss/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

a good place to start would be to look at

www.alamy.com

this will give you a good idea of quality stock type prices and distribution etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭DotOrg

You work out your costs, including everything from camera gear to buying new hard drives, to your camera bag, insurance, your transport etc etc....

Do that for the full year, divide by the number of weeks you want to work per year (47-48 normally)

That number is then your cost per week. Add whatever you want to earn per hour as a working professional (maybe anywhere from €12 to €100 depending on your skill & experience)

Then add on another 20% or 40% as that's what the taxman will take away

you should then have some idea of what you're worth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭xshayx

DotOrg wrote: »
    Then add on another 20% or 40% as that's what the taxman will take away

Are photographers not on 13.5%? Or is that just on supplied prints?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭DotOrg

xshayx wrote: »
    Are photographers not on 13.5%? Or is that just on supplied prints?

well add on VAT as well if you're regisered for VAT

but I mean, add on tax that an individual should pay the taxman on earnings, when one is self employed they don't use PAYE, you have to declare your earnings and pay tax

• Advertisement
Advertisement