Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD to Hilton Hotel (Kilmainham)

Options
  • 13-01-2009 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭

using public transport - how would I get from UCD to the Hilton Hotel in Kilmainham?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Tayto2000

I presume you mean buses...

There's no direct bus from Kilmainham afaik. Have a look here:

http://www.dublinbus.ie/your_journey/search_by_map.asp

You might be best going into town and getting a no 10 out to UCD.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭laura1408

You could get the number 17 to Rialto and walk down South Circular Road? Its about 15mins walk to the hilton in kilmainham from there!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

don't really know dublin that well - is it a straight run?

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Tayto2000

That works too but depends what time you have to be in UCD at, the no 17 is notoriously unreliable after about 09.00.

it's the other way round - I have a presentation in the Hotel at 9.30a.m.....so I need to get from UCD to there...........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Johannyogibear

You could get the 51x, only two buses a day. But it passes the Hilton Hotel. The actual stop is around the corner from the Hilton on the Con Colbert Rd.
    It's not on the route plan below, but I've seen pick ups here before. Just have to keep a watch out for the bus and make yourself visible, otherwise you could pick it up at Heuston Station. I'd say about 15mins walk away. On the way back from UCD, I've seen drop offs at Kilmainham Jail opposite the Hilton.

http://www.dublinbus.ie/your_journey/viewer.asp?route=51x

Any of the numerous buses from UCD to town (10, 46A etc.), then the 79 (not the 79A) from Aston Quay (right beside o' Connell Bridge). It drops you off right outside the hotel, and is pretty frequent (every 15 minutes or so).

• Registered Users Posts: 13,009 ✭✭✭✭bnt

If you get the 46A to O'Connell St, you can get a Red Line LUAS to Suir Rd., which is a couple of blocks from the hotel.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

bnt wrote: »
    If you get the 46A to O'Connell St, you can get a Red Line LUAS to Suir Rd., which is a couple of blocks from the hotel.

I was about to post the same thing. But if he got off at Heuston it would be quicker as the walk is about the same but the Suir road stop is another 6-7 minutes on the luas and is that much slower.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭GobBass

Best way to get to the Hilton is to take any bus into town and then walk down towards the Ha'Penny Bridge and get a 68/69/79..should take about 10 minutes to get there.The buses will leave outside Kilmainham Jail,across the road from the Hilton.

• Advertisement

GobBass wrote: »
    Best way to get to the Hilton is to take any bus into town and then walk down towards the Ha'Penny Bridge and get a 68/69/79..should take about 10 minutes to get there.The buses will leave outside Kilmainham Jail,across the road from the Hilton.

which side is Aston Key on (which side am I approaching the Ha'Penny Bridge from? The old Virgin Megastore / Forbidden Planet side or the four courts side?

The Forbidden Planet side. The 79 bus stop is pretty close to the old Virgin Megastore....

brilliant - thanks...........

Advertisement