Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cooked roast chicken -- ideas?

• 13-01-2009 12:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭

Morning all,

I'm feeling a bit brain dead today, so I'm looking for some ideas from you all. I cooked a roast chicken yesterday evening, so I'm looking for some ideas with what to do with it for dinner this evening.

Thanks.

p.s. ate the drumsticks yesterday. Couldn't resist.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭orlaithd

Cut up the breast & mix through Carbonara sause, bacon, red peppers & onion & pasta until heated. This will work if you have any left still tomorrow too!

Have it cold with salad & a baked potato.

Cut it up and use in a Thai red curry.

So many options....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Do a search in this forum for chicken and broccoli bake - lots of people have posted recipes for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,784 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Do a hearty chicken broth/soup.

Strip the carcass of the rest of the chicken & chop into bite-sized pieces.
    Chop 2 carrots, 2 sticks of celery, 1 potato & 1 medium onion.
    Heat some oil in a pan & sweat the veg for 5 mins.
    Add 1 litre of chicken stock, a bay leaf & some thyme.
    Chuck in the chicken & simmer for half an hour.

Serve with crusty bread.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

Chicken and Bacon Pie!

I love this, very easy...fry up some chopped onions, bacon and mushrooms, heat the chicken pieces up in the pan, add a can of chicken or mushroom soup, stick the whole lot in a dish with pre-rolled puff pastry on top and throw in the oven for half an hour. THE best comfort food :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Pigletlover

^Made this at the weekend^
    Slightly differently though, I make shortcrust pastry, line a pie dish with it, bake it blind for 20 minutes, then add the filling, cover with more shortcrust pastry and bake for another half an hour. Makes it easier for serving and for keeping leftovers.

My favourite stir fry at the minute is honey and soy chicken. Stir fry whatever vegetables you like, add the coked left-over chicken and then add a tablespoon of honey and a tablespoon of soy sauce. Can be served with either rice or noodles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

chicken and cauliflower bake

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

^Made this at the weekend^
    Slightly differently though, I make shortcrust pastry, line a pie dish with it, bake it blind for 20 minutes, then add the filling, cover with more shortcrust pastry and bake for another half an hour. Makes it easier for serving and for keeping leftovers.

My favourite stir fry at the minute is honey and soy chicken. Stir fry whatever vegetables you like, add the coked left-over chicken and then add a tablespoon of honey and a tablespoon of soy sauce. Can be served with either rice or noodles.

Haven't tried it with shortcrust...sounds like you are willing to make more of an effort than me :D

I miss leftovers though...since I've been living with a man they just don't exist anymore :o No matter how much I make it all gets eaten!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

UPDATE --

Thank you all for your suggestions. Just made a Thai Red Curry with brown rice.

Tasty.

The plan is to make a chicken soup tomorrow with the rest.

I know there's a good recipe around here somewhere for one.

Advertisement