Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English I-mode phone not working here

• 13-01-2009 12:31pm

I bought an unlocked Sony k610im from eBay UK. I know I-mode is dead and crap but I liked the i-mail, push email, aspect.

The problem is when I try to access I-mode I get "connection failure. Check settings". There doesn't seem to be anywhere to enter these settings though. Am I wrong in thinking an UNLOCKED English I-mode phone will work here?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,252 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I mode sucks, stick a 3 sim in it and set up planet 3 it's a whole lot better, the K610im should be able for it, I think there the same as the k610i that 3 sell...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭mobius42

According to here: http://i-mode.o2.co.uk/how_do_i/setup_imode.html
    you can see what settings your phone is using. It doesn't mention whether or not you can change them, though. If you can change the settings, just put in the standard GPRS ones for your network that you can find in the sticky on this forum.
    Also, what network are you on? O2 was the only network here that supported i-mode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭Musha

I Mode settings are hard coded into the handset and can only be changed from Post to Prepay. you cannot enter new settings :(

Musha wrote: »
    I Mode settings are hard coded into the handset and can only be changed from Post to Prepay. you cannot enter new settings :(

You're damn right :( After three calls to o2 someone finally pointed that out to me....I have the phone back up on eBay UK as we speak. Hope I get what I paid for it. I usually don't :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,252 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Musha wrote: »

can you enter normal web settings and bypass imode altogether

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

can you enter normal web settings and bypass imode altogether

nope. imode sucks balls

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    nope. imode sucks balls
    I agree but i-mail on the other hand is great.

Advertisement