Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Seat Ibiza 1.2 Stella

Options
  • 13-01-2009 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭

Hey All,

I'm hoping some one can advise me. I drive a 2002 Seat Ibiza Stella 3 door hatchback. The regulator in the driver side window (electric) is 'gone' i was told. Now, here's the thing, if i press the button, I can hear a whirring sort of noise so i assume that a motor of some sort is still working. So what else could it be? What is a regulator?? How do i fix it?

And if any of you suggest taking the door panel off to have a look...would you mind telling me how to that please??? (I know I know...I'm a total clown when it comes to cars!!!:confused:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 DomShelley

Hi You'll prob get a better answer from someone else soon as i aint all tech when it comes to cars but i've seen that prob and its was just a small chip thing thats cheap to buy and easy to replace, usually these sit inside the driver or passenger doors near your knees. Halfords would be good for this, explain the issue and this fix, he can show you the chip that would need to be replaced.

For around €2, its worth trying before anything else...

Best of Luck,
    Domo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭KikiDee

Cheers for that.

I'll pop over to Halfords after work! Have window stuck up with duc tape at the moment!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭warrenaldo

Google it - I had problem similar with my car, and I googled it and found detailed instuctions on how to take off the door. Then I could see the problem myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 DomShelley

No Problem you welcome,

How do you find the Ibiza, was my first car and loved it. great sound from the speakers.

Reliable, only mine suffered from the Coil going every so often, has this happened to you. They told me it was a common issue with Ibiza's.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭whippet

DomShelley wrote: »
    No Problem you welcome,

How do you find the Ibiza, was my first car and loved it. great sound from the speakers.

Reliable, only mine suffered from the Coil going every so often, has this happened to you. They told me it was a common issue with Ibiza's.

My 03, went through two coil packs and the tensioner on the timing chain went after 72K miles, needing a costly tow and timing chain. (found out afterwards that this was a common problem, due to a substandard tensioner fitted as standard)

It was a big fan of blowing bulbs aswell.

Also, a regulator went on the passenger side window. It cost about €200 to put right. Did the glass fall down suddenly with a loud crash (I thought the glass was smashed) .. if so it could be the whole mechanism gone !!

Other than that .. I've had no problems :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

warrenaldo wrote: »
    Google it - I had problem similar with my car, and I googled it and found detailed instuctions on how to take off the door. Then I could see the problem myself.

Found it!!! :D
    No Problem you welcome,

To be honest, I've had a lot of trouble with the car. Alot of niggly things. Coil went twice alrite but each time car was still under warranty. The lights on my dash also tend to flicker every so often. I've brought it to an mechanic who said he couldn't find anything wrong with it then to an auto electrician and he couldn't find anything wrong with it either!! But it's still happening.

I think i was destined to just be unlucky with it tho coz in the first week of me buying it it was back in garage as engine management/diagnostics light came on - which is still happening now!!

But TBH, I'm now just completely indifferent about the car. It's only coz I can't afford to change it at the momet that I still have it. I will not be buying seat again!!! I was sooo unlucky like!!! And it's funny coz my dad drove seat for years and never had a bit trouble!!! The joys of motoring!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭whippet

KikiDee wrote: »

To be honest, I've had a lot of trouble with the car. Alot of niggly things. Coil went twice alrite but each time car was still under warranty. The lights on my dash also tend to flicker every so often. I've brought it to an mechanic who said he couldn't find anything wrong with it then to an auto electrician and he couldn't find anything wrong with it either!! But it's still happening.

I think i was destined to just be unlucky with it tho coz in the first week of me buying it it was back in garage as engine management/diagnostics light came on - which is still happening now!!

actually I forgot to mention the flickering dash lights (especially the petrol warning light), the engine managment light has been on for the last three years constantly aswell !!! it's a common problem.

Mind you it has passed it's NCT with flying colours !

whippet wrote: »
    actually I forgot to mention the flickering dash lights (especially the petrol warning light), the engine managment light has been on for the last three years constantly aswell !!! it's a common problem.

Mind you it has passed it's NCT with flying colours !

Mine did too which was surprising!

I was looking at a seat ibiza forum and alot of people were complaining about that problem. I'm tempted to just take the bulb out or something. It's so annoying seeing a little orange light there!!!! ALWAYS!!! :mad:

Advertisement