Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to embed Blog in website?

Options
  • 13-01-2009 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi ,

Looking for a bit of help from anyone who is web design savvy here.

I am currently designing a site and was looking to have a Blogger page within the website.

I have no idea how to do this and any help would be much appreciated.

This is the page on the website (work-in-progress) where I want to put the Blogger page (in the white area)
    http://wildgeesema.freehostia.com/blog.html

And this is the Blogger page I want to put within this area, which I will modify in time.
    http://wildgeesema.blogspot.com/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

you could use an Iframe, you can put contents from another page into it.

will you be editing this page from your site? if so you need a cms.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 sharkemon

Thanks.

Any idea how to insert an iFrame in Dreamweaver 8?

Also the main issue is where to get the code of the Blogger page to insert into my site.

The Blogger content won't be edited on my site, it will be done through Blogger. Makes it easier for the guy who writes the blog.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭JanneG

as blogspot support RSS feeds you may be better off looking at having the blog displayed on the page as a feed rather than with an iFrame.

Otherwise you add it in as:

[HTML]<iframe name="bla bla" width="100%" height="100%" src="the link to your blog"></iframe>[/HTML]

I've always found that in the long run iFrames will cause you more hassle than they solve issues.

Just my 2 cents... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭hoanymole

Please could anybody give some instruction on how to embed the blog with RSS in my website?

My web designer is stumped and I am not keen on using an iframe.

Thanks,
    Ed

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭hoanymole

Further info:

The site has been built using DreamWeaver. I asked the designer to do so to enable me to edit the text on my machine.

I've been told by a developer friend that someone with a good knowledge of HTML and CSS should be able to place a box of any size, anywhere on the browser page. If they have good knowledge of JavaScript / Ajax they should be able to make whatever you want appear in that box - such as a blog.

Can anyone offer any advice?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Anyone on for a Nixer?!
    Please note that we don't allow advertising work wanted on this forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Ed* wrote: »
    Further info:

The site has been built using DreamWeaver. I asked the designer to do so to enable me to edit the text on my machine.

I've been told by a developer friend that someone with a good knowledge of HTML and CSS should be able to place a box of any size, anywhere on the browser page. If they have good knowledge of JavaScript / Ajax they should be able to make whatever you want appear in that box - such as a blog.

Can anyone offer any advice?

Yes you can make a box go anywhere and display any data you want, but you want it to be easy to read, accessible (ajax/javascript can cause problems on older browsers) and of course, fit into the design of the site already.

Easiest way to do it is to have your site as is, then link to the blog as another page on the site. You can then install some package like wordpress (which is free) & get your web guy to design it as such. You can then use the RSS feed to post the last blog post on your main page or whatever...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

i used to use blogger.com to write the blogs, and they have a facilty to publish to your site. by ftp
    you can update the template on blogger.com to match in with your website. (i use html for the site) so it fits in perfectly.

http://www.samhail.com/scripts/news/blogger/blogger.html

Advertisement