Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Be careful on your bike...

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

You have to realize Cyclists hold a position in the "Road Hierachy" somewhere below a dead rat and perhaps a little above cow droppings, for a significant proportion of motorists ...... :(

How do I know that ? ...... well I used to cycle a minimum of ten miles per day and most days 20 miles, on country roads (often 7 days a week) ...... all for health/sport reasons ..... eighteen months ago I decided I decided there was no point in dying for the sake of my health so I gave it up ...... shame really because I had a great bike with all the gear including a magnificent reflective jacket (which I often thought did nothing but make me an easier target) ..... :cool:

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

hobie wrote: »
    You have to realize Cyclists hold a position in the "Road Hierachy" somewhere below a dead rat and perhaps a little above cow droppings, for a significant proportion of motorists ...... :(

How do I know that ? ...... well I used to cycle a minimum of ten miles per day and most days 20 miles, on country roads (often 7 days a week) ...... all for health/sport reasons ..... eighteen months ago I decided I decided there was no point in dying for the sake of my health so I gave it up ...... shame really because I had a great bike with all the gear including a magnificent reflective jacket (which I often thought did nothing but make me an easier target) ..... :cool:

Unless cyclists get sticks to jam in spokes. Then I'll sign up to this. AND I get an automaticlly tracking pair of shotguns on my bonnet for road users that annoy me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭puglover

Raiser wrote: »
    Our Eastern European visitors will happily let you pass with a smile and a wave - which I appreciate no end......

Have you ever tried to cross a road without traffic lights or a pedestrian crossing in an Eastern European country?.... They will mow you down without flinching!!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 han68

I actually did last week Tuesday when visiting Riga in Latvia, and not even intentional. Was just waiting on the side of the road and two oncoming cars stopped to let me cross the road :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭puglover

han68 wrote: »
    I actually did last week Tuesday when visiting Riga in Latvia, and not even intentional. Was just waiting on the side of the road and two oncoming cars stopped to let me cross the road :D

I've been to Riga & I would say that is definitely not the norm

• Advertisement
Advertisement