Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non existant insurance policy

Options
  • 13-01-2009 1:53pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭

Agh! Im so mad! Its my own fault but thought I may as well post my mistake so others can check up on their policies.

I had my life insurance with X and have just discovered that Ive been paying for 2 policies instead of one. I bought an ex out of the appreciated value of my house when we split and had a policy to cover the house. When I got the new mortgage, the broker I was using set up the policy and a replacement order was placed with the provider – but the new mortgage provider or me – (I’m not sure which, me I presume) was supposed to inform them that the old policy was invalid and not assigned to any mortgage. They got the replacement order but it was never validated.
    Now Im just after finding out hat Ive been paying full whack on a policy that didn’t exist. That’s €466.44.  My own fault I know, but I don’t understand how they didn’t spot it either.

Ah well. Check your policies folks

Advertisement