Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

is this a good sign?

• 13-01-2009 2:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭

Hi all

i posted this recently for a friend of mine... http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055450831

She was down there monday and filled out everything she needed, she was asked to attend a interview for a "means test" on Thursday, and asked to come down to "sign on" on the 27th if Jan, and she was asked what post office she would like her money to be put into.

Also the woman in the office said to her" if you need money straight away the clinic will help you out until your claims sorted"

Are the things i have put in bold a good sign?Or just routine?

Also she was wondering what kind of questions she will be asked in the interview.

Thanks all:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭useful_contacts

anyone?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

good I would think,especially seeing as they asked her what post office she wanted to collect her money from.

good I would think,especially seeing as they asked her what post office she wanted to collect her money from.

ah that sounds good:)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

and if she was asked to sign on the 27th thats a good sign too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭tomred1

No its not. Everybody who makes a claim has to sign-on whether thaey are in payment or not. They always ask were you want to be paid when your making the claim.

• Advertisement

tomred1 wrote: »
    No its not. Everybody who makes a claim has to sign-on whether thaey are in payment or not. They always ask were you want to be paid when your making the claim.

ya i figured that was part of the process as if she was going to get it why would they want to interview her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

tomred1 wrote: »
    Exactly.

Also the amount paid can be anything up to 204.30 euro, ANYTHING i.e 5 euro per week, depending on how your 'means' are interpreted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭aloevera

routine :)

anyone know what your asked in the interview? shes worried there gonna want her partners parents pps numbers and stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭aloevera

they ask things like when did you last work, hve you worked since, how are you getting money at the moment, do you live at home, what do your parents do etc etc etc...

i was asked to bring in copes of my parents mortge details and both their income details...

• Advertisement

aloevera wrote: »
    they ask things like when did you last work, hve you worked since, how are you getting money at the moment, do you live at home, what do your parents do etc etc etc...

i was asked to bring in copes of my parents mortge details and both their income details...

They didnt ask her any of that- just did she own any stocks or property, she said no

And that was it

My brother said that the less she was asked the better chance she will have of getting something - but that sounds a bit odd

Sorry about all the questions, she asks me this stuff and I dont have a clue:confused::confused::confused:

Advertisement