Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rescue centre

• 13-01-2009 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭

Hi all

I am led to believe there is a rescue centre in the swords area in Dublin.

I have googled for some information to try and find its location as I would like to go and visit it and help out if possible.

Anyone know where it is as I am having difficulties finding it.

John

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cotton

Are you thinking about Dogs Aid?

http://www.dogsaid.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭johnc24

That may well be the one.

thanks cotton

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭SuzyS1972

Yes Dogs Aid are in Meakstown in Dublin 11 - it used to be on the Old Swords / Finglas Road

You can ring to get directions - 01 834 7134

Opens 2-4pm every day except Tuesdays

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 RedDevil26

Hi all,
    I am just wondering does anyonr know of who to ring for emergencies or to report cruelty to animals? The DSPCA do not have inspectors after 8 p.m and no-one at all at the weekend! Since Thursday I have seen at least 12 different dead swans on the canal between Portobello bridge and Suir Bridge. When I rang Thursday evening I was told to ring back Friday morning, I rang them at least three times for different reports of dead swans! Today alone I have come across FOUR dead swans on the canal and the answer machine at the DSPCA says call the Gardaí. What can they do? They can't even stop crime half the time so how are they going to help animals thet are dying from unknown causes??? The dead swans need to be removed from the canal so whatever is killing the swans cannot effect any other animals. There are kids throwing things at the remains so if there is a way to get these poor animals out of d canal before 8 a.m when the DSPCA start working. How many more will die between now and then?

Advertisement