Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power City, a positive customer service story

Options
  • 13-01-2009 2:27pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I thought I'd make a change from most threads here to tell my positive story with regards Power City.

Last week I bought a condenser clothes dryer which was delivered the next day for €270 + €25 delivery. I was initially going for a dryer with just a timer, but was given details in shop that a sensor dryer is much better as it stops when the cloths are dry. Aside from the sensor however, it also has the timer if I need it.

Anyhow within a couple of days I found that the sensor was stopping before the cloths were actually dry, which on its own would be a problem, but then I found that the timer option only dried cloths at a low temperature with no option for the high temperature. So I effectively had two problems, one being a fault, the other being a function which was described not being present.

So I got onto Power City's customer support who made a few call and got some more details. The net result is that they will pick the dryer up and provide me with an alternative choice I made for €315, with this dryer actually being listed as €350 inshop. They are also not reapplying a delivery charge which I thought they might.

So all in all, i'm a happy camper.

Comments

Considering buying a TV off these guys, so I'm happy to hear that story. I was unsure of their returns policy on faulty goods, etc. but it seems that if you are sensible you'll get somewhere.

Nice post :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

We need more of these threads, recommendations as well as "unrecommendations".

I also had a good experience with powercity. Had a TV break within warranty (I think a flat mate poured beer down it so may not have been covered!). Left in and rang 1-2days later. Fixed and then I asked what was wrong, they called out the service guy, he said it was an internal fuse.

I have fixed a few things in my day so wanted to know in case it went again.

Never had trouble with them. My only gripe is their sometimes "false offers", e.g. big signs telling you lightbulbs etc are discounted when they can be got cheaper elsewhere. You just have to be aware of pricing, people see cheap TVs so presume everything is cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

i bought own brand and branded white goods in power city over 4 years ago and after much abuse they are still working fine

Advertisement