Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car insurance Q but not suitable for motors forum

Options
  • 13-01-2009 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭

Someone ran into the back of me before Christmas and I have just got a letter from their insurance company accepting liability.

Part of it reads
    We request you to forward to us the final account, signed satisfaction note and waiver of payment so we can issue payment directly to garage.

Alternativel, on confirmation of your VAT status and, at your request, we can issue settlement directly to you......

Does the second part mean that if I am not VAT registered they can issue me payment directly but if I am VAT registered they can't because I would be able to claim VAT back from revenue and thus come out of the 'deal' ahead financially breaking the latin insurance term that escapes me at the moment, where insurance should just put you back in the same financial position you were in before the accident?

Getting the cheque directly couldn't come at a better time tbh. I could cover an imminent bill and defer fixing the car for a month or two. Its no bigggie if I can't get the cheque directly and do this but it would make my life easier for the next month if I could.

Advertisement