Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WHV

Options
  • 13-01-2009 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭

Sorry, you probably get lots of these type of threads, but I have a couple of questions.

Are you likely to be refused applying for a WHV on a new passport? They "strongly recommend" that you have it for at least 6 months before applying, but that's a bit vague as to whether or not they'll approve the application.

When they say you should have $5,000, do they look for any financial information when applying? Is there any upper limit, where they might say "well if you have X amount, you should really be applying on this other type of visa"....?

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Ozeire

No real reason why you should be refused because of a new Passport. Some people don't ever have a passport until they decide to go somewhere like OZ.

As for the money back when i applied for the WHV I sent in a bank statement with the visa app. Don't think you have to do that any more. Upper limit don’t think there is one.

Just remember you have to declare to customs if you’re being more than $10,000 Aus dollars into the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

Thanks.

Applied last night, was approved this morning. No problems. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

Congrats mate when are you gracing us with your presence?

Advertisement