Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GTA4 on University Challenge

• 13-01-2009 2:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭

Stopped for some reason on University Challenge while channel surfing last night. Wasn't really paying attention to it, so thought I was hearing things when Jeremy Paxman asked "Immigrant Niko Bellic is the main character in what work of 2008?". Cue amusing sight of 7 blank faces and one guy frowning as he buzzed and tentatively answered "Um, Grand Theft Auto 4?", resulting in high fives and applause from his team mates who obviously didn't have a bog what either the question or answer was about, while he appeared somewhat embarrassed at having known the answer.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,236 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Paxman pronounced Bellic oddly too. Obviously they're all nerds, and the beardy guy is a closet geek.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Peadar_Rua

Legend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

Paxman always pronounces things wrong, especially Irish place and people names. By the way, I'm only 'drifting' through this forum. I don't own GTA IV because my damn PC isn't powerful enough! I'm a retro-GTA gamer though, and would definately class GTA I as my favourite of the lot!

Advertisement