Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

more good news for Carlow

Options
  • 13-01-2009 3:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭

The news you'll never read in the nationalist cos its positive!!

National Irish Bank have taken space in Shamrock plaza for a new branch & bank of Ireland are set to increase the numbers in their regional centre, also lcated in Shamrock plaza.

Also Pennys are set to move temporarily to the supervalue site on Tullow st in order to proceed with the redevlopment of their current site.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

darc wrote: »
    The news you'll never read in the nationalist cos its positive!!

National Irish Bank have taken space in Shamrock plaza for a new branch & bank of Ireland are set to increase the numbers in their regional centre, also lcated in Shamrock plaza.

Also Pennys are set to move temporarily to the supervalue site on Tullow st in order to proceed with the redevlopment of their current site.

didn't know about NIB, knew about pennys though, think it was on a thread here some months back too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭aynon

thats absolutely savage news yea carlow!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭darc

patrickc wrote: »
    didn't know about NIB, knew about pennys though, think it was on a thread here some months back too.

didn't know myself til last week - I bank with them in Naas and was told I should be able to walk to my local branch in a couple of months as new branch opening in carlow town

Looked at Shamrock plaza earlier today and the sign saying "another national Bank opening" - same lettering as NIB. - so I'm adding 1 +1 and assuming this is the location.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭HugoIrl

Thats great to hear. Let's hope the jobs keep coming this way.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

darc wrote: »
    didn't know myself til last week - I bank with them in Naas and was told I should be able to walk to my local branch in a couple of months as new branch opening in carlow town

Looked at Shamrock plaza earlier today and the sign saying "another national Bank opening" - same lettering as NIB. - so I'm adding 1 +1 and assuming this is the location.

yeh i noticed that sign alright before, but never thought much of it,.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 sondal

this is good news indeed. There are piles of unoccupied new buildings in Carlow, and from what I heard the rents have dropped from 50 euro a square foot down to 25. A new bank at Shamrock Plaza development will be a major plus as this is the gateway to the Dublin road. I just hope that ugly yellow monstrosity across the road on starts soon as Touchstone Developments got planning permission for a state of the art medical centre

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

So, how soon can someone apply for a job there?

Advertisement