Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cowen and Lenihan rift?

Options
  • 13-01-2009 3:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭

The newstalk lunchtime show suggested that the two have fallen out.

Lenihan wanted to make even more drastic cuts all round but was reined in by Cowen.

This sounds plausible to me, I’m no fan of FF but I do think Lenihan is more competent than the rest of FF.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

They may well have had a disagrement (in the current atmosphere it would not be a surprise) but competent? No.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭getcover

If there is a rift, it simply means even more headless chickenry from the present "Government"...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

spadder wrote: »
    The newstalk lunchtime show suggested that the two have fallen out.

Lenihan wanted to make even more drastic cuts all round but was reined in by Cowen.

This sounds plausible to me, I’m no fan of FF but I do think Lenihan is more competent than the rest of FF.

Increasing Income Tax and VAT at the same time (while going through a terrible recession) is not competency.

However, I wouldnt be suprised if Cowan has prevented Lenihan. Remember, Cowan is Fianna Fail's biggest supporter. Anything which could subtract from their vote share would be consider bad policy.

Advertisement