Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where to buy Sony gear in Dublin?

• 13-01-2009 3:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭

Just bought a Sony α100 and am delighted with it. Anyway I was wondering are there any shops in Dublin to watch for bargains regarding Minolta/Sony gear? Are there any websites that you'd recommend as well?

Not looking for anything specific at the mo just want to know where to look when I have some cash :)

Cheers,
    Rob

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

Ebay? :p

Just have a look around some forums (i.e. Adverts.ie sometimes have sony gear up for sale at reasonable prices), or maybe fleamarkets?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 386 ✭✭JanneG

Being a fellow Sony α100 owner I can say straight away that the best place to find cheap(ish) lenses is without a doubt ebay.

Conns Cameras do every now and then have some nice Minolta lenses for sale but generally it is a quite expensive camera to buy lenses for...

I bought mine due to the fact that I had an old Minolta film SLR so that I could use my old lenses... Otherwise I would say that the lenses for the likes of the Canons and the Nikons are cheaper and more readily available... :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

I own the a200 and use my dads km 7d sometimes.....

Conns or
    camera exchange are good. The former are a little more expensive. Ebay are a good bit cheaper and really cheap for old minolta stuff

If you plan to get a used lens, get the 50 f1.7. Dirt cheap and seriously good for the price can be picked up for about 60 to 100 euro on flea bay

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

not being a smart ass or anything... but surely the sony shop?

edit: yes i was being a smart ass.... didnt read the bargins part

conns second hand stuff isnt too crazily prices and seen a bit on minolta gear there, doesnt really shift like other brands so haggling might be an option?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭here.from.day.1

not being a smart ass or anything... but surely the sony shop?

edit: yes i was being a smart ass.... didnt read the bargins part

conns second hand stuff isnt too crazily prices and seen a bit on minolta gear there, doesnt really shift like other brands so haggling might be an option?

Sony shop is usually the last place to buy anything Sony.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭max_power

Yeah apart from the prices they don't stock any lenses anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭jaqian

landyman wrote: »
    get the 50 f1.7

Thats my next purchase :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭jaqian

Thanks everyone for the ideas.

Advertisement