Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xfire - Contest #1 - Best Explosion!

Options
  • 13-01-2009 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭

Hey guys, xfire have this compotition where you record yourself blowing something up ingame (any game) and the winner gets an overclocked GTX260, so i went and made a css map and did a short 13 second video on it, please watch it and vote it cool. Thank you!!

63a30-4.jpg
    63de6-4.jpg

Its on, Counter Strike: Source by the way.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

eh where was the explosion sound? Also that flickering is kinda irritating. Did you do that in Garrys Mod?

Also, this will be your competition :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

There is really no contest if thats your competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Op that other video is much better. I'd try and improve yours if thats the competition

I don't know if the one I posted above will be entering the contest, I was just letting the OP know that this is the kind of caliber he will be competing against.

Check out this one also:

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Ubaroo

L31mr0d: I used hammer editor to make the map.

You see my pc is allready slow with the amount of explodeing barrels there are but ill fill up the whole map and see what happens :P

• Advertisement

Ubaroo wrote: »
    L31mr0d: I used hammer editor to make the map.

You see my pc is allready slow with the amount of explodeing barrels there are but ill fill up the whole map and see what happens :P

yeah its going to be kind of a weird contest, as the people who will probably win will be people who will already have a graphics card better than a GTX260... so it seems unfair that they should get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Ubaroo

They should just have called it: how much will your pc lag when you blow up 1000 barrels.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

L31mr0d's linked youtube video is pretty. damn. extreme!!!! :cool:

Advertisement