Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheese Whiz in Dublin?

• 13-01-2009 3:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭

Hi all,

First time visiting S&S and thought it might be the appropriate place to ask about my new favourite munchie. My significant other brought me a jar of this from Canada and i love it. Seems to be popular across nOrth America but I've never seen it here. Anyone seen it in Dublin?

Cheers,
    Marky.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭laura1408

name rings a bell!!!!!!!!!!!! describe!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭markyedison

Um..its basically a jar of processed cheese, terrifically orange in colour. It can be eaten cold from the fridge as a spread on toast or crackers and if u zap it in the microwave it turns into that nacho cheese stuff that they give you in cinemas.
    Oh, the bliss!!!!:)

Ah now i remember.......... When i was in New York last year we got that on our burgers...... delish....

Think Kraft make it, they make the philadelphia spreads!!!!!!!!! im sure they have a website

yeh, its from kraft. Wikipedia says they don't market it in Ireland.

I found a few sellers to Ireland on ebay but would be handier if i could find a source of unwholesome deliciousness nearby.

P.S. just had some on a potato waffle...*drool*

Oh my god thats so mean :D

I would happily fly back to NY to have another burger with the Whiz on!!!!!!!!

I agree, i wouldnd get it off ebay just incase but il keep an eye out....

And if i find it im telling nobody and keeping it all to myself (evil laugh)

However you would probably find me on the nutrition thread trying to loose some weight :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Sorry for the hijack but while on the topic of cheese, can anyone tell me if one is supposed to eat the white casing on French Brie?

It's a personal preference. There's nothing wrong with eating it, although many don't like it. The rind is supposed to make the cheese taste stronger, but in this day of pasteurization, it doesn't really do that anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

laura1408 wrote: »
    Oh my god thats so mean :D

I would happily fly back to NY to have another burger with the Whiz on!!!!!!!!

I agree, i wouldnd get it off ebay just incase but il keep an eye out....

And if i find it im telling nobody and keeping it all to myself (evil laugh)

However you would probably find me on the nutrition thread trying to loose some weight :D

LOL ...didn't mean to tease;)

will be keeping an eye out myself & i'll let you know if I find anything (on the QT naturally)

Marky:)

LOL ...didn't mean to tease;)

will be keeping an eye out myself & i'll let you know if I find anything (on the QT naturally)

Marky:)

No tease taken :pac:

oh definitly pm me if you find it!!!!!!! dont want all the cheese lovers knicking our whiz!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭rockbeer

Sorry for the hijack but while on the topic of cheese, can anyone tell me if one is supposed to eat the white casing on French Brie?

Most certainly yes. Eat and enjoy!

Advertisement