Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Merseyside derby super duper double bill mega thread..

• 13-01-2009 3:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭

Ok folks

All necessary slagging and debate here.....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

Draw in FA Cup, Everton to win replay, Everton to win the league game. Liverpool are finally being found out, be lucky to finish top 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Is that you Eamonn?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Liverpool are finally being found out, be lucky to finish top 4.

interesting take :rolleyes:

have you any actual evidence to support this? or can i assume you're joking?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Howard Webb will be the ref on Monday.

No complaints there from me, he reffed Everton v Boro late last year and was very good without being too visible.

Still with it being the fixture with the most red cards in the Premier League you'd have to wonder how anonymous he can be.

Key talking point from an Everton point of view is who will replace Fellaini to allow Everton to stick to the enforced 4-6-0. I don't really want to comment on what the options are in case Rafa is taking notes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

'MON YOU BLOOOOOOOOOOOOOZ!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Bluetonic wrote: »
    Howard Webb will be the ref on Monday.

No complaints there from me, he reffed Everton v Boro late last year and was very good without being too visible.

Still with it being the fixture with the most red cards in the Premier League you'd have to wonder how anonymous he can be.

Key talking point from an Everton point of view is who will replace Fellaini to allow Everton to stick to the enforced 4-6-0. I don't really want to comment on what the options are in case Rafa is taking notes.

i seem to remember Clattenberg being viewed as the best ref around until the derby, all changed after that :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

Everton Everton Everton hmmm i fancy we'll take ye in the cup and league

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Liverpool taking 3 points in the league game is much more important imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭delspeed78

I fancy Everton to get a result in the league game.

Couldn't give a toss about the cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

too bad Fellaini is banned

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

wouldnt mind losing in the FA Cup and winning in the PL, a replay would be the least favourable outcome from the cup...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Reckon that Liverpool will take the league game and Everton will take the FA Cup game..

too bad Fellaini is banned

Tis terrible indeed ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭SWAR

Draw in FA Cup, Everton to win replay, Everton to win the league game. Liverpool are finally being found out, be lucky to finish top 4.

I agree, Everton may get a draw in the cup game!!!!

Recent memories...

084dirk_468x623.jpg
    1157839926_f.jpg
    00062246-A1EC-1353-86A70C01AC1BF814.jpg
    kuyttackle6.jpg
    267958_BIGLANDSCAPE.gif

Liverpool fans welcome Phil
    nevilleevertonR_450x250.jpg

Everton fans congratulate Steven on the birth of his child
    mersey_clash_380_461940a.jpg

...and for those who don't realise it.
    everton-liverpool1.jpg

...finally :D
    2378616668_c7853db0d9.jpg?v=0

...finally :D
    2378616668_c7853db0d9.jpg?v=0

If all else fails, assume the moral highground... :pac:

If all else fails, assume the moral highground... :pac:
    A bit rich me with absolutely no connections to Merseyside except a love of the team that wear blue, their slutty women and their cheap beer posting that all the same ;)

A bit rich me with absolutely no connections to Merseyside except a love of the team that wear blue, their slutty women and their cheap beer posting that all the same ;)

Haha tis all good fun in fairness :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Would not be unhappy if Liverpool loose the FA Cup game.

wonder will Keane get a game

id laugh if he's on the bench

i think rafa will start with torres and Gerrard

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

wonder will Keane get a game

id laugh if he's on the bench

i think rafa will start with torres and Gerrard

If he starts with torres and gerrard I can't see why you would laugh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

It will be good to see Everton ending Liverpool's fading title hope on Monday night and push us on to a top 4 place this season.

Warper wrote: »
    It will be good to see Everton ending Liverpool's fading title hope on Monday night and push us on to a top 4 place this season.

Fading title hope = top of the table after half way? Dillusional nonsense.
    Nearly as dilusional as hoping to get 4th.

mayordenis wrote: »
    If he starts with torres and gerrard I can't see why you would laugh.

because a 20 million striker on the bench

i know man utd have tevez on the bench but utd haven't paid kia the money yet and the way its looking they wont be

also what was the point of having Robbie on the bench agaisnt stoke
    I presume Rafa was resting him?

League game is the big one for Liverpool.

3 points there and they can play a 2nd string team for cup game as they have a much more important game away to wigan 3 days later

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Fading title hope = top of the table after half way? Dillusional nonsense.
    Nearly as dilusional as hoping to get 4th.

Everton have a much better chance of getting 4th place than Liverpool do of winning the league - even Torres agrees with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

This thread is heating up nicely.......:D

But yeah, Everton have much better chance of getting 4th than pool have of winning.,....... anything.
    * gets coat

Everton have a much better chance of getting 4th place than Liverpool do of winning the league - even Torres agrees with that.

lol

All I can see is that we have actually beaten our title rivals this season (both of them) and are currently ahead of both of them in the league.
    Whereas Everton have lost 3-1 to Arsenal and 3:2 to Villa and are currently behind both of them.

And just to go one step further Fernando Torres has never said that ye have more chance of coming 4th than we have of winning the league. He said United are title Favourites - which they are and rightfully so - he didn't say anything about everton having a chance of anything, because they don't.

well I guess you've made plenty of complete non-points of uselessness, congrats.
    because a 20 million striker on the bench

i know man utd have tevez on the bench but utd haven't paid kia the money yet and the way its looking they wont be

also what was the point of have Robbie on the bench agaisnt stoke
    I presume Rafa was resting him?

I don't know why you make that presumtion but then laugh at the idea of him not playing,
    Let me get this straight,

You think he was rested against Stoke,
    You don't think he'll start against Everton,
    You think that Steven Gerrard and Fernando Torres are 2 squad player who shouldn't get a game ahead of him,
    You think no player who cost that kind of money hasn't been a complete hit or dropped for a little while or rotated,
    You think he doesn't have 26 appearances for Liverpool about halfway through the campaign.

This thread is heating up nicely.......:D

But yeah, Everton have much better chance of getting 4th than pool have of winning.,....... anything.
    * gets coat

no need to leave mate just maybe give a reason for that we seem to win silverware more often than ye come 4th lately.

• Advertisement

Torres loves scoring against the bitters.

Destroyed them at Goodison

I don't know why you make that presumtion but then laugh at the idea of him not playing,
    Let me get this straight,

You think he was rested against Stoke,
    You don't think he'll start against Everton,
    You think that Steven Gerrard and Fernando Torres are 2 squad player who shouldn't get a game ahead of him,
    You think no player who cost that kind of money hasn't been a complete hit or dropped for a little while or rotated,
    You think he doesn't have 26 appearances for Liverpool about halfway through the campaign.

Its an ironic laugh.

why else wouldnt keane come-on against stoke when Rafa was suppose to make the PL his first priority this season
    i can understand him not starting but not coming on was very strange
    Steven Gerrard and Fernando Torres should be starting of course
    but why can't keane start
    why not a 4-4-2
    i know liverpool have had some good games with Gerrard in the hole behind Torres
    but Robbie with Spurs was like around 20 goal a season player
    so i expected him to play

he has only played 4 full 90 minutes games with liverpool which is a pretty bad stat

26 appearances for Liverpool
    whats the average amount of time he's on the field ?

26 appearances for Liverpool
    whats the average amount of time he's on the field ?

You say yourself he had 4 90 minutes
    and I would guess the majority of the rest were 60-70 minutes so plenty of field time really. Not as much as one might expect from 20m-ish striker but he's still bedding in to being a smaller fish in a bigger pond.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Really don't think he'll stay to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,999 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

If Everton were in the relegation I'd fancy a draw in the league game, but unfortunately for them they are a good side and Liverpool do well againt good teams.

Its when they face the bad teams that they make a mess of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭SWAR

Ok I know people do get carried away at times on this site, but try and keep your comments a wee bit sensible...I'm still trying to work out whether you are serious or not:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

why else wouldnt keane come-on against stoke when Rafa was suppose to make the PL his first priority this season

because Torres & Babel came on ahead of him? Torres,cause he's a better striker & Babel, presumably to take advantage of Stokes tired legs.

i know you pointed it out youself, but the irony of that a utd fan giving stick about a 20m player on the bench when a 32m is permanently on yours and occassionally not in the squad is laughable!

and dont say "we havent paid for him yet", as its totally irrelevant considering any noises coming from Utd is that they are going to buy him & sure we havent even paid for Robbie yet.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    because Torres & Babel came on ahead of him? Torres,cause he's a better striker & Babel, presumably to take advantage of Stokes tired legs.

i know you pointed it out youself, but the irony of that a utd fan giving stick about a 20m player on the bench when a 32m is permanently on yours and occassionally not in the squad is laughable!

and dont say "we havent paid for him yet", as its totally irrelevant considering any noises coming from Utd is that they are going to buy him & sure we havent even paid for Robbie yet.

It isn't irrelevant, because they won't buy him unless they plan to use him next season I'd imagine. This season they have options, because it isn't costing them 32 million euro. Obviously, he might not want to join because he isn't getting played this season though. But United won't spend 32 million on a substitute. If they do pay it, you'll know why.

DSB wrote: »
    It isn't irrelevant, because they won't buy him unless they plan to use him next season I'd imagine. This season they have options, because it isn't costing them 32 million euro. Obviously, he might not want to join because he isn't getting played this season though. But United won't spend 32 million on a substitute. If they do pay it, you'll know why.

bollox tbh. maybe Rafa is thinking "we have Keane, can sell him in 18 mths for 10m therefore he'll cost 10m"-same as the Tevez loan! :D

bollox tbh.

How? Quote me a big money transfer Alex Ferguson has made that wasn't part of his plans for the first team.

what noises from old trafford

if utd wanted to sign him they've done it by now
    it will be harder to sign him in summer with madrid about also tevez must get into utd first team to get into the argentina squad even Maradona said it

utd know that the figure of 25-27 million for tevez is way too much they're trying to negotiate the price down or just walk away

utd have common sense

tevez deal was brilliant for utd
    we rent a striker for 2 yrs and if we dont want him we can walk away
    i know some utd supporters want him at utd but personally i think its hard to
    justify paying 20 million above for a sub

• Advertisement

Nani

if utd wanted to sign him they've done it by now

utd know that the figure of 25-27 million for tevez is way too much they're trying to negotiate the price down or just walk away

You're aware these two statements COMPLETELY contradict each other right? You'd argue anything.

lads

ahem, this is about the forthcoming mersey double bill.

not alex ferguson and carlos tevez and ronaldo and giggs and scholes.......:cool:

Nani

Nani wouldn't be what I'd call a big money transfer for a player his age. Less than half that of Tevez. You could use it as an argument but you'd really be pushing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Bit of a sh/t derby tbh.

bite

lads

ahem, this is about the forthcoming mersey double bill.

not alex ferguson and carlos tevez and ronaldo and giggs and scholes.......:cool:

Ok since you insist, Liverpool are going to stuff Everton twice. Easily.

"Ok since you insist, Liverpool are going to stuff Everton twice. Easily. "

and you would back this up with a bet....

Ok since you insist, Liverpool are going to stuff Everton twice. Easily.
    What is a stuffing these days?

"Ok since you insist, Liverpool are going to stuff Everton twice. Easily. "

and you would back this up with a bet....

What would odds would you give me on an aggregate win of 4 or more over the 2 games for Liverpool?

Nani wouldn't be what I'd call a big money transfer for a player his age. Less than half that of Tevez. You could use it as an argument but you'd really be pushing it.

15m on a unproven in the league, 22 year old aint a big money signing? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement